Lets see what you fly!! AKA THE HOT HELI'S THREAD!! - Page 6 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Old 05-30-2006, 09:56 PM   #51
Wayne Reid
RCC Contributor

I am: Wayne R
Radio of choice:
Futaba
# of RCs: 2

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I love all the gold anodized parts.They go good with all the carbon fiber the Pro has.
Right now I am running a Hitec 6985 for the collective and Hitec 635's on the cyclics.The 635's are a little short on torque for my taste but they were in it when I bought it.I do not do anything crazy with it yet so so far they are doing the job.The rotor head on it is the X-Cell aftermarket Pro II all metal head which is more suited to FAI than 3D so I have mostly been just flying it around enjoying how smooth it flies.
I have been trying to decide what to replace the 635's with.I have thought of going with the Hitec 6975's.I also may see what JR has to offer for servos.The gyro is using the Futaba 9254 that comes with the GY401.

Wayne Reid
Wayne Reid is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:53 PM   #52
wheelman
RCC Apprentice

my "new" Ergo 90

Ok here you go Alex! my "new' Ergo 90. I have Hitec 5625MG on everything except the throttle. Just a standard JR 537 on that. I flew it last weekend. I'm going to put a GY611, and a Revolution base loaded whip antenna in it I think before I fly it again. By the end of the day (Saturday) I had it flying pretty well. I got a REALLY scary radio hit that pretty much made me soil my drawres! I couldn't even bring myself to try it again on the Sunday. I had a carbon fiber rod strapped to the antenna to stiffen it that I believe caused the "hit". I think I'll be OK after the Revolution.
It was a little rough when I got it but well worth the trade. It's a little windy on the Farm where I fly but this ship handles the wind no problem! I'm a happy camper now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ergo3_610.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	17355   Click image for larger version

Name:	ergo2_193.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	17356   Click image for larger version

Name:	ergo1_198.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	17357  
wheelman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:03 PM   #53
Heli3dflyr
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Alex D

Looks good!! It must have taken ages to polish that aluminum... I'd rather fly than do that!! Now just post some pics with her in the air!!

Cheers
MAAC Member #75939

TRex 600N Pro FBL, TRex 600E CF, T-500E GF, T-Rex 450L 6S Dominator, TRex 550 DFC, DJI Phantom, DJI 550 H33d, DJI S1000 Z15
Heli3dflyr is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Old 06-03-2006, 01:30 PM   #54
wheelman
RCC Apprentice

Don't forget that I have an aluminum wheel fefinishing business! The aluminum took about 3~4 hours to do. Not that bad! I didn't get any airborne pics last weekend but I will next time.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:52 PM   #55
trevorz
RCC Apprentice

Hi,

Here are my current two machines. Predator 90 Carbon Max, and my Swift.

Swift is now running 515 Rotortechs with 7S e-moli cells. Neu 1907-1.5Y with Castle 45HV. Futaba 3151 on the swash with 401/9254 for the tail.

Trevor.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	img_0244_160.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	17375   Click image for larger version

Name:	img_0245_144.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	17376  
trevorz is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:36 PM   #56
RenoRacer
RCC Senior Contributor

x-400 and trex

painted my x400 neon green and the stock trex canopy
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	heli__small__902.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	17385  
Old 06-22-2006, 06:00 PM   #57
wheelman
RCC Apprentice

Here's the 90 flying!

I know you've been wanting to see your old 90 flying so here's a pic taken just a few min. ago. I changed the tail servo to a faster one, and made a few other adjustments. I also got the motor running sooo sweet now! I love this heli now!!! LOTS of power, the motor runs so smooth now, transitions very well too. The 90 is very stable and I got rid of the tail wag with the faster servo on the tail. It's almost totally perfect. The tail has a really minor vibration. I think I'll try a different pair of tail blades. Other than that this thing is really nice. I know it's an older model but it's good for me until I learn to fly better!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	img_0661_646.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	17768  
Old 06-22-2006, 06:21 PM   #58
Heli3dflyr
RCC Master Contributor

I am: Alex D

Hehehehehe SWEET!! It may be an older model, but with all the upgrades on it, it should last forever, barring a dirt nap of course!!! lol
MAAC Member #75939

TRex 600N Pro FBL, TRex 600E CF, T-500E GF, T-Rex 450L 6S Dominator, TRex 550 DFC, DJI Phantom, DJI 550 H33d, DJI S1000 Z15
Heli3dflyr is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:47 PM   #59
wheelman
RCC Apprentice

Hehe, yup! I won't fly it as much as my 30 Ergo because I'm scared to corkscrew it in. I picked up that Nexus to bash around too so I now have something that I won't cry about if I stuff it in. I need a lot more stick time. Once I'm more confident with the heli's then I'll fly the 90 more. Besides you're right about the fuel bill! The 90 really sucks it back in big huge gulps. Well worth it though the power to weight ratio is awsome! I can't believe how fast it will climb out.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:57 PM   #60
jrpilot
RCC Apprentice

I am: Tom Hallett
Radio of choice:
JR 10X
# of RCs: 6

The hot helis

Hey guys I have a Rappy 90. I have built it up it is not a 90SE. It's my baby. I just don't fly often enough
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	rappy_80_174.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	18058  

You never have too much fuel until you are on fire!
jrpilot is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.