RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 04-24-2006, 12:15 PM   #21
RCC Master Contributor
I am: John R
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 20

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hey Jeff;

Why don't you go out and take a few deep breaths of that fresh air that you talk about all the time. Believe it or not, this forum is for good discussion, not sh** disturbing.

You're welcome to come over to my place for a great cup of coffee. It would be good to see you again.
John Kovats

aka Johnny Versatile

MAAC 65460

Hespeler Model Aviators Inc.
Cambridge Float Flyers

I don't have the answers, but I have a personal relationship with the Guy that does.
JKovats is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:48 PM   #22
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Mike Gyger

Total Props: 0

Michael Gyger
MAAC 58295
Canhos is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:38 PM   #23
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Craig K
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 7

tempest - teapot

After finally getting my Mag - things take longer to get here I guess, what withthe ice just leaving the river and all

I'm sorry but I can't see what was printed to cause so much discussion. The guy broke his aircraft - I broke mine the other day also - after making a fatal dead stick, downwind turn - I know better but

Nobody likes to see broken airplanes - unless they're someone else's

my only complaint is there's no Northern Ontario Zone news ---
Craig 4850
MAAC #9467L IMAC 3706
Aeroworks 35% Yellow Extra 260, DL 100
JR 9503 2.4
craigk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:01 PM   #24
RCC Junior Contributor

Re: way to go MAAC

Originally Posted by j-coles
way to go MAAC ,thanks again for displaying a picture of a smashed plane with the comments about flying in the fog!

is this what the association promotes?

MAAC get a grip! for whatever reason ,,stop putting crash pictures in our national mag.

darn good thing there not publishing for the parachute club

jordan c
Geeeeshh!!!!! Talk about looking for trouble. You can't be serious about your complaint??? Fog happens
sivle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:10 AM   #25
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
What's worse than your picture winding up in a small-circulation national magazine.

Try this one.... http://www.tvsyd.dk/page/3?clip=19835

Yep! National TV news.....

Anyone speak Danish and can give us a quick rundown on what gets said.....

The person who sent me the link says that this looks like a classic tail-heavy situation. Difference is big, expensive and covered by TV.

It happens to the best (got an article by Nick Ziroli from 1968 -- pusher balanced with empty fuel tank....)
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:47 AM   #26
Dave Holmes
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Dave Holmes
Location: Prince Edward County, Ontario (no longer Brampton!)
Radio of choice:
Futaba 72 Mhz
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 10
Dave Holmes

The older I get, the better I used to be!
Dave Holmes is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:52 PM   #27
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ron
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 23

Total Props: 19
Originally Posted by Noin
OK, I have to say my piece about this topic. I was there. First of all the fog/cloud base was quite a bit higher than 50'. Lets get that straight first off. The decision to fly was perhaps a little bit clouded by the "fun" of the event, which was the first flight of the year. Many guys did take off, fly and land that day at the same time as this particular gentleman did. So the decision to fly was evidently not completely flawed. Yes this particular plane was lost and was in fact due to a sudden loss of line of sight on this particular model. Lots of reasons could be speculated on as to why, but the reality is they don't matter. Nobody brought out their pride and joy of their hanger for this day of flying and frankly ALL that attended had some fun. Fun, you remember what that is don't you? Everyone at some point has done something a touch risky in the pursuit of fun. Keep in mind, how fog works, the FARTHER you get away from you the more you can't see. So remembering that, the danger to those involved was truly minimal. The area surrounding our field is bush and quite isolated from other residences. So risk to others nearby was also limited, to none. As for safety, I think there are far more serious safety infractions in the pits of most clubs I have been a member at over the years. I have been at a club, set up in the pits and another flyer arrived with a large gas plane. He set up usual distance beside me. While I was working in my pit he was beginning the starting procedure for his plane. He proceeded to run up his engine next to me with his prop in line with my body. It never did occur to him that he was endangering me. This type of thing happens all over the province as I have been to many clubs over the past 20 years and they all have this taking place and it has not changed in that time as well. By the way I got myself the heck out there until he was done his business. To me, this situation is far more serious than our decision to fly on Jan. 1st.

I also want to say, I was at the controls at the time this particular plane was lost. The gentleman flying had lost sight of his plane but due to my Zurich Sunglasses with the yellow tinted lens I was still able to see the plane clearly. Another reason for becoming a Canadian dealer for Zurich Sunglasses. I offered to help and the offer was accepted. While handing the transmitter to me the plane was travelling away from us and I was unable to find it again. About 15 seconds after I had the transmitter there was a thunderous crash and mysterious lack of engine noise. Then cracking of branches... we all thought that perhaps Sasquatch had developed an appetite for balsa and aluminium, with a glow fuel chaser. But alas we found out it was just an old oak tree. How disappointing.
Hey Ted!!

Im on my third pair of those Zurich glasses, the first pair broke and they told me that they made a mistake on the molds for the set, so they sent me a second pair of the Z2s, and this time sent me a warning that they are fragile, not like the durable, fist smashing BIG originals. They said they have received many complaints of the new Z2s in Esther's emails. I took the new replacement pair out of the case and was bending the ear tips like they showed me in Toledo to adjust them for comfort, and an arm broke off at exactly the same place as the first set...and the mold hasnt changed one iota.

I'm now with 2 pairs that are scrap and scared to ask for a third pair. I went to Toledo this year to exchange them again, but they werent there...to no ones surprise. Don't blame them...we were all probably lined up for another exchange. I should have just got the BIG originals...and at 80 bucks US a pop, I coulda got Ray Ban..or at least a down payment on RayBans...LOL

Ron Harway
Sun Parlor R/C Flyers
Hangar Nine SpitFire..Saito.100
Top Flite P51..Saito.91
RCGUYS Decathlon..SPE 26
ronnieo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:09 PM   #28
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Ted L

There's a smashing endorsement for Zurich's...thanks Ron...lol.
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P

It is true that there has been a problem discovered with the mold of the Z2 design and since I have been a dealer (fall 2005) I have not been able to get stock on this style as Zurich has not released any for sale. However the tried and tested Originals are selling well with ZERO complaints from the customers I have sold to since last fall. Ron, I have sent you a PM in regards to your problem with the Z2's.

I would also like to add that my price for the originals is not $80.00 US, it is somewhat lower.

Incase you don't get my PM, here is my phone number: 905-963-1316.

Back to the original topic....lol.
Ted LeBlanc
Noin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:36 PM   #29
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Craig K
Radio of choice:
JR 9503
# of RCs: 7

I'm not starting something but---

here's a shot from the Toronto Sun

and then there's this ---

Craig 4850
MAAC #9467L IMAC 3706
Aeroworks 35% Yellow Extra 260, DL 100
JR 9503 2.4
craigk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.