General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 04-25-2006, 11:29 PM   #1
Dave Larkin
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: David L

Total Props: 7
Canada Post

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Since the turn of the year I have had weird service (or lack thereof) from Canada Post. As a youngster in England, living in the suburbs, and with pocket money at about 35c a week, I found I could best afford, and enjoy, a range of kits called the FROG Juniors. These were about 12 inches span and rubber powered. Well, a few people in the UK are now making these kits again so I ordered some. But they don't seem to arrive in Ontario. I contacted the vendor and he sent me a replacement and that too didn't arrive. The vendor, Steve Brannon of Replikit, says that he has no problems except with Ontario - he has sent 8 orders there and none arrived. Supposedly the last order (sent airmail and registered) was returned to England, but it hasn't reached him. I have had other orders, like books, which come through, and also orders which come from Australia or New Zealand and which go through Vancouver. So the problem is in Mississauga. There the Post Office now (since 911) has staff which sort the mail and reject it if it isn't to their liking . They are particularly looking for correct addresses (both recipient and sender) and for customs labels. I know my parcels have the correct address and customs labelling. I fail to see how a twelve inch rubber powered model with a 3 1/2 inch plastic prop and weighing under an ounce, is a terrorist threat, but they seem to think so. Then again the parcels aren't being succesfully returned to the sender which makes one wonder about sticky fingers.

Canada Post say they are investigating this, but there are no results to date.

Is anyone else having this trouble?
Dave Larkin is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:18 PM   #2

Total Props: 1
All the Al Kaida resident in Onterryairyairyo are diverting them for nefarious purposes
voyager_663rd is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:44 PM   #3
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: JuanB

Total Props: 0
Yeah, I heard that if you hit the CN tower with 10 of these it will come down, so they just need 2 more.

How about doing a FedEx on one of these? just to see what happens
WhoFan is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:31 PM   #4
Dave Larkin
RCC Junior Contributor

Canada Post

I've just heard from the shipper that the last package was returned to him at his address, which was marked on the parcel, with a sticker saying that it was undeliverable because it had no return address! One is left with the impression that if you don't have an IQ, they can find a job for you in some parts of Canada Post.

I'm still waiting to hear from the Canada Post Customer Service lady who was supposed to call me on Friday, but didn't.

As for using FedEx, why would one ever want to use a courier on a cross-border shipment and go through the expense of brokers fees? You only have to learn that lesson once.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:08 PM   #5
Dave Larkin
RCC Junior Contributor

Canada Post

I'm still working on my problem with Canada Post. No help whatsoever from them but it now appears that there is an interesting system problem:

Royal Mail put a barcode on the package and this barcode contains all the relevant information including the sender's address. In Canada, Canada Post in the Customs sorting area in Mississauga, can not read this bar code, but they know the return address is in it. Accordingly if they see the barcode, they reject the package as having no return address, regardless of whether the return address was on the package, as it was on mine.

A new wrinkle, which may bear on this, is that Canada Post will only accept as valid addresses, addresses which contain the full name of the sender and addressee. None of this slipshod initials stuff that we've been using for 150 years.

Doesn't this give you a warm fuzzy feeling about our Crown Corporations?

In our local Post Office I've asked them to take down the sign "International Mail - We deliver". There's a government department which deals with deceptive advertizing. Maybe I should contact them, but not by Canada Post.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:26 PM   #6
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Terry L

Total Props: 6
Canada Post

Lots of flaws in their "system" alright, got worse when they partnered up with Purolator. Decades ago, I knew a woman who worked in Customer Service; every time she solved a problem for a customer, it was seen as an attack everyone else's jobs! She eventually developed a thick enough skin so that complaints about her doing her job properly just bounced off, and she retired, proud of the chaos she generated there. Purolator was able to make parts of the place more efficient, which again made the old CP managers angry. I suggest that this is why you are having trouble, there is a pi$$1ng match going on in Mississauga...

The only time I ever made headway with the post office was by standing out in the middle of the floor and hollering my head off at the local manager; only then did I get my mail...

Good luck Dave...
TLyttle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.