Vintage Kraft single stick. - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 04-28-2006, 04:45 PM   #11
Ken Currell
I am: Ken Currell
Radio of choice:
Multiplex Royal Evo
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!

8 channel Bramco with tubes.
Ken Currell is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:43 AM   #12
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: John Davidson
Radio of choice:
EVO(12), Futaba
# of RCs: ?

We have got to quit commenting on components like tubes. I don't think AJ was born by then so he will probably have to do a search to find out what you are talking about.
John Davidson
Keep the shiny side up and the wheels down
Vulcan1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:25 PM   #13
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1
Dont forget I play guitar and have three amps that use tubes.. I know what they are!

I actually learned to fly (self taught) on my first radio, a Kraft 3 channel my parents bought for me used. It was about 1983 or 84 and it had a brick housing the two servos, and receiver. I never had the third servo. Nice little radio but no reversing and no rates, it was kind of a pain.

Here is me (on the right) holding it in a scratch built Hornet from RCM plans. Power was a cox .049.

The fellow to my left was my best friend all through school untill we left for university. he got married shortly after we graduated and his wife told him he isnt going to be playing with toy planes after they get married. she wasnt kidding, he got out of the hobby in 95 and never did anything with models again. poor guy...

Sorry to take this off topic... I never have used a single stick radio. However I think it would be too weird to go from mode II dual stick for this many years to try anything new, as cool as they look.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ron_and_me_1983_117.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	16503  
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:27 PM   #14
Dave Larkin
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: David L

Total Props: 7
Kraft single stick

I remember the Hornet - I remember being tempted to buy the kit on a trip on business to Los Angeles.

My first radio was an English Reptone single channel with a motorised actuator system that didn't work in the Canadian winter (1960 or 61). I replaced the Rx with a Kraft single channel Rx built frrom an ACE kit, along witha Babcock escapement and a Fred Rising clockwork actuator. It worked. However real R/C did not come until 62 or 63 when I bought a Kraft 10 ch reed set and Bonner servos. This led to planes like the Taurus, before I went to proportional and a PCS (Kraft) set in 67. By 70 the PCS had been replaced by regular Kraft sets. In the late 70s I switched to the KP7C and have since bought a couple more new ones when they were available at a really good price.

I also was able to pick up a single stick KP7C Tx but haven't used it yet.

The PCS forced me to switch from Mode I (reeds) to Mode II. I have never felt as comfortable with Mode II.
Dave Larkin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:54 AM   #15
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: al h
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 20

single stick

I flew one in the early 70's, and did not like it. although, I think one of the guys in our club still has one that he flies occationally, it is a left over from a family member that has passed away. It is one of those things that if you like it it is great, but if you don't you last the money you invested. Something like class one and class two.
plowboy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.