Switching to Lipo's - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Closed Thread
Old 05-05-2006, 05:15 AM   #1
RCC Contributor
I am: Kevin L
Radio of choice:
Futaba 14SG
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 1
Switching to Lipo's

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
If I was going to switch a Blade CP to Lipo what should i use, a 2 cell or a 3 cell battery? The stock one is a 9.6V. Will the extra voltage of a 3 cell lipo damage the motors?

stikflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:40 AM   #2
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Mike Gyger

Total Props: 0
If you go to a 3 cell lipo you have to change the pinion to a 9 tooth pinion. If you want to change to a 2 cell, you need to change to an 11 tooth pinion. Also, with a 3 cell, you need to add heat sinks to the motors.

I've been flying my blade with a 3 cell lipo for a couple months (guessing 40 or 50 packs at least with no problems). If I were you, I'd get the aerobatic enhancment kit. It comes with a new motor with the correct pinion, new semi symetrical blades, and heat sinks. I think the kit is about $40.

I'm using a TP 3s 1320 pack. I've been known, on occasion, to throw in my 3s 2480 packs. The thing flys like a slug with these, but it worked to hover around.

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Su...rodID=EFLH1100 They tell you all about it here.
Michael Gyger
MAAC 58295
Canhos is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:37 AM   #3
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
We are offering Free Shipping to Canada if you decide to go with the Thunder Power Batteries. We carry the full line www.purehobby.com

If you decide you would like to give us a shot in the check out screen there is a spot called voucher code. Type in there "Free shipping" and then hit recalculate and you are ready to go.

Happy Flying!
purehobby is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:43 AM   #4
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Draganfly offers free shipping for TP in Canada as well...and no customs hassles. Support Canadian business.

PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.