Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2006, 07:09 PM   #1
Wayne 1
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Wayne w

Total Props: 0
Eflight mini Ultra Stick

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Any one have or flown the Eflight Ultra Stick?And how about the Eflight motors ,speed controllers,seems to be good price compared to Castle stuff ,whats up?Heres my situation,my flying partener the wife has the Parkzone cub played that to death.Flys her Alpha trainer on trainer cord ,only for landings.I need a nice park flyer to let her loose,so i can go fly my Helis.Your thoughts please
Wayne 1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:00 PM   #2
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Dave
Radio of choice:
Airtronics SD-6G
# of RCs: 3

Total Props: 6

One thought would be send the helis here and we can send you electric flyers ?
cassat is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-11-2006, 10:07 PM   #3
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Mike Gyger

Flown an entire setup as you are looking at Wayne. It's a decent setup. I had the Mini Stick, 400 inrunner, cobri gear box, Eflite 20 or 25A ESC. I only had the 2 ailerons, not the quad flap setup, but it's a good little ship. I can't fly most of the little electric planes, they are just too twitchy as I fly glow. The mini Stick slowed down, but stil went vertical.

As far as the gear, it's pretty good, but it's all I've ever used. I've written off 3 or 4 planes with the same gear inside. I spun them into the ground, at high speed. (not a problem with the gear) Straight in, right on the motor. The only damage I've had to the system was the Cobri Gear box was subjected to a bent prop nut thingy.

The gear has subjected to dozens of non gentle flights.

The airframe, may it rest in pieces, required no modifications. I landed rough, and flew it hard while I had it. I woulda replaced it with another, but there weren't any available in the area. (It crashed as a result of a totally stupid low altitude maneuver, unintended).

One guy at my field had the Monster sized ultra stick. He said it flew pretty much the same as the little one.

I hope that helps
Michael Gyger
MAAC 58295
Canhos is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:22 AM   #4
Wayne 1
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Wayne w

Elight mini

Thanks for input Micheal.Did you use the HIT55s?Can i squeese in the HIT 81S .I have 3 new ones i would like to use up. Thanks Wayne
Wayne 1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:34 PM   #5
RCC Apprentice

Wayne1, ht81 are bit to big,unless you do some magic with the dremel tool Another thing this plane would need a BIG PARK to fly in.This plane really use's up the air space.This is my power system.E flite park 480 with 1020kv.(3hs55 &1s75 servo) Tp21003s packs.11x7 or 11x5.5 (my spare prop) apc props.@24amps I get 248 to 255 watts output My esc is a jeti 40(just cause I had it lying around) Rite now I'm just using ailerons, no flaps yet.As for roll out I can go about 4' and go up!!I hope this helps.Nice thing is I can slow the plane to a crawl for landings.If you come in hard the gear plate will come out. Have fun,

Fly fast/Fly quite!!
AMA 612678
IMAA 24164
SDP is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.