wing loading numbers on scale cl-415? - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aircraft Discuss Scale Aircraft.

Closed Thread
Old 07-06-2006, 09:06 PM   #21
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by hillmanr2
So the full scale cord should be 11.47'. this would make the 12% cord at 16.5 inches and the area at 16.5 sq' just as Wells pointed out. Seems like this a bit ridiculous for a cord on a 135" wing.

The full scale would have a pan to chord ratio of 8.17 (approx) to 1

The cl-215 I have plans for has a span of 75.5 has a ration of 7 to 1

Base on the cl-215 plans I have this would mean 135" span, 19.2 cord and 18sqft area.

How much of a viarance can I have from full scale to compete in scale events?
I just finished a large scale flying boat and perhaps the figures on it may be helpful. The model is a 1/12 scale Emily flying boat with a span of 124" and wing area of 12 square feet. Fueled, it weighs 33 pounds giving a wing loading of 44 ounces per square foot. Aspect ratio is 9 to 1. Power comes from four OS52 four strokes rated at .9 hp each. I find the wing loading easily managable and the power more than adequate. Videos and build history of it are on my web page below. It is flown fast in the videos but I did slow it down for more scale like flight. It will climb on half throttle. So far so good. I built a 89" Grumman Albatross that weighs 16 pounds fueled, flying on about seven square feet for about a 36 ounce loading. Again no problem with the that and you can slow it down to a crawl with flaps. Two 52s for power.

Anyway maybe those numbers will help for comparison purposes.

Also there are a couple of short clips of the Albatross on the video page.
John Hawkins
Chezzetcook NS
John's rcalbum
JohnH is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-07-2006, 05:08 PM   #22
RCC Supreme Contributor

Thank you for the info. It is very helpfull
Imac # 4751
Speedway and Hobby
PTA Hobbies
hillmanr2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:21 AM   #23
RCC Contributor
I am: Joe M

Hi Russ ,here is the site I told you about in Vernon .The free down load plans for the 215.Now lets see if I can get this to show up .not the greatest a the computer thing.
The orginal site is in french. you have to translate it .
The one down is translated see if it works for you.
Plus the rcunivers one shows a build going on.
Check it out.

g l=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_toolset

Joey-snaproll is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.