Replacement sticks for Futaba 9C - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2006, 09:20 AM   #11
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Just got off the phone, the parts to repair are available. $28.00US for 2 of the plastic drums the sicks press into, the sticks, the threaded on ends, and expedited postal shipping.
David Moen
Salmon Arm, B.C.
MVVS Canada
David_Moen is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:32 AM   #12
Kevin McGrath
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: kevin w

Total Props: 1
Futaba moved from California to the Chicago area when they got into the distribution deal with Great Planes/Tower/Hobbico et al a couple of years ago and revamped the service area at the same time.,
I must say my experience with them has been all good since ..........
Now if you can remember not to leave your TX at the edge of the bench...........
IMAA 27023
IMAC 3710
The Planet is doing what it has always done.......floods,volcanic eruptions storms,
earthquakes.........but today there are more people in the way.
Kevin McGrath is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:50 AM   #13
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Futaba's service is performed by Hobby Services in Champaign Illinois. All of Hobbico's proprietary lines (OS, Futaba etc) are serviced in the same location.

I would have to agree that they do an excellent job.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:12 PM   #14
RCC Contributor

Yup, it was a bone-head move on my part for sure...
David Moen
Salmon Arm, B.C.
MVVS Canada
David_Moen is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:27 PM   #15
Claude Paradis
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Claude P.
Radio of choice:
Futaba 7C and 9C
# of RCs: 20+

I will look at my 9C later. But my initial thoughts are, if in a pinch you could do this:

Goto the hardware store with your thumb knobs. Find a couple of machine screws that have the same threads as the knobs. Or thread some bare rods yourself.

Back at the workshop, remove the damaged sticks from the drums. Get out some snips and cut them off. Drill out the center of the drum as required.

Then tap/thread/press/glue the screws (new sticks) into the holes on the drums.

Finally, thread on the thumb knobs and you are done.

This plan should get you going for like $2 and this will get you through the summer. Then if you are not 100% satisfied you can send the unit off for repair next winter or spend the $40 on a set of brand new sticks.
Claude Paradis is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:36 PM   #16
Ryan Davison
RCC Senior Contributor

Yeah that works

Ive done just that (what claude said) and replaced the stick with a dowel and some 5min epoxy to hold in inplace.

I do my best to keep my baby(9C aswell) in the case as much as possible and only bring it out where the sun shines to fly or charge.

Also Started using a neck strap this year when i got the 9C just for insurance while flying. especially when putting you float plane into the water holding the radio too. Cant drop it into the lake with the strap on.

Actually Im starting to love the neck strap I dont have to hold the weight of the radio anymore

easy to let go one hand to swat a mosquito without loseing controll of the aircraft.

haha Or worse take your eyes off the glider that is specking out in a thermal to swat a bug and then try to find it again lol.

I did that At Fergus Aero Tow a few weeks back
What an event.
Flyin Ryan
Ryan Davison is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.