RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Fixed Wing Discuss fixed wing aircraft.

Closed Thread
Old 07-14-2006, 10:13 AM   #11
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Bill H

Total Props: 1
Enough Power

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
3 or 4 years ago I saw a fellow at the Flying Ducthman Meet with a Goldberg Cub on floats. He flew it off the grass with the floats. They have a nice field needless to say. It performed wonderfully off the grass. The pilot proceeded to do inverted flat spins and other impressive maneuvers. It was quite a sight. I think it was a 2 cycle.

Maybe if he reads this he will be good enough to tell us what he was using for power. I have seen many fly with floats on a sixty 2 cycle. It is a real happy combo, the CG Cub with CG floats. Just go to any Float fun fly at it will reinforce that notion.

As light a 4 cycle as you can use would be best if you like scale flight characteristics. A YS .63 would be a nice touch . They are afordable as well.
My Dog lived to be walked.
ModelBuilder is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:38 PM   #12
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Wade Z

Total Props: 4
A fellow in the Halifax area put a 60 2-stroke on a cub (think it was 40 sized). Way over powered. If he tried to use much throttle, the plane porposed like crazy. Seem to remember the wings collapsed after a little while.

MAAC #57828
Living dangerously in the Low Fly Zone (seakings overhead !!!!)
Aircraft Maintenence Engineer-Structures apprentice
Argus is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.