|06-13-2006, 12:12 AM||#1|
36% Edge 540
Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Up for sale is a 36% Edge 540 106" wing span made by Fibertech Aviation from Florida.
The Fuse is composite and the wings/stabs are balsa sheeted foam. NO engine is include. The engine I had in it was a ZDZ 100 however any 100cc engine will fly this just fine, but is currently balanced for the ZDZ 100.
Flight characteristics: This plane does the most beautiful flat inverted spins you will ever see, even my bigger plane doesn't do them this slow. It will do almost everything you can throw at it. I had a pilot much better than I fly it and he showed my how well it flew to give me something to strive for.
The reason I'm selling is because I bought a 40% Yak (price I couldn't refuse) and have not flown the Edge since I got the Yak. Time to make space in my trailer again.
Items included and price:
Kit - $1200
Carbon Fiber wing tube - $90
Carbon Tail wheel - $40
Paint & Covering - $100
Pilot & dash - $95
Rudder/ throttle/ choke servo - $110
Servo extension wires -$40
Various other parts - $25
Sub-Total - $1700
This plane needs a little TLC but it is 100% flyable. Add your engine, electronics and go fly.
What it needs for TLC is:
- Some of the covering has come loose, I will throw in extra covering.
- Leading edge of the horizontal stab could use replacing, but isn't needed to fly. In our hold downs at the field we have 2 PVC pipes connected to hold the rear of the plane for starting, and this has crushed the LE a little.
- There are 2 spring loaded latches that hold the canopy down, 1 of the springs has come out and does not hold the latch in place anymore.
- The phenolic control horns are showing signs of wear and could be replaced with normal heavy duty horns.
TLC discount is -$500
Selling price $1200 us dollars.
As an added bonus I will throw in the JR 8411 elevator servos (about $200 value new) and a spare cowl.
I do not want to ship this thing and I could deliver in the lower main land of BC.
Thank you for looking.
RCC Classified Quick Rules
- Location & price is a must when selling RC related items. Update your profile!!!
- Use the feedback system after a sale / trade.
- Buyer Beware!
- One bump / TTT every 3 days.
- Classified rules here.
** Infractions will be passed out if rules are broken. Threads may be deleted.
|06-13-2006, 05:45 AM||#2|
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
I am: JimmyD
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Mississauga On, SE Zone
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-16
# of RCs: 6
Feedback: 30 / 100%
Total Props: 16
Nice colour scheme but forget the Edge....Lets see some pics and hear some details on your 40% Yak...on another post if you like.
IMAC Sequence Committee Member
Your Friendly Neighborhood SouthEast Zone Director
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678
|06-13-2006, 09:03 PM||#3|
|01-10-2011, 07:49 AM||#10|
Re: 36% Edge 540
I can't believe I found this old thread. My interests have switched in the last 3 years and am now into Heli's. I still have this Edge taking up space in my trailer and I'll take $500 bare airframe or trade for a Raptor 50 titan/SE or T-rex 600 airframe.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|