1/3 SCALE SPACEWALKER FOR SALE...SOLD,THX AGAIN RCUNIVERSE - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
FS - Airplanes Sell airplanes.
Note: Commercial posts are not allowed on the boards.

Closed Thread
Old 08-28-2006, 09:18 AM   #11
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ronm
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
It's not just RC Canada, it is the Canadian mentality.

I have picked up more excellent used stuff for next to nothing then I could possibly use.
Problem is, when you try to sell it, you get nothing for it.

There are several guys that take advantage of this situation, and buy stuff here then re-sell it on e-bay or Rc Universe.

It used to really bug me when I had a real good plane, new or almost new, and I couldn't get 1/2 the new price for it.

Now it doesn't bug me as much anymore.

I just wait for what I need to come up for sale on here, and most times the asking price is more than reasonable, so I just offer full price.
I don't feel right low-balling an already very low price, but I know there are lots who do. (I've had my share of low-ball offers)

It's just something you have to get used to.
Ron Mattiuz

Flying Tigers RC Club
"Flying an airplane is just like riding a bike...except it's harder to put cards in the spokes"

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:40 AM   #12
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Dave V
Radio of choice:
JR X9503 / Spektrum DX18G2

Total Props: 4
I guess there are a couple of things to consider. To begin, there are many people that buy a new plane, engine, servos, etc and then fly it for two years and than try to recover 80-90% of their initial cost. I wish this was possible. If it was, I would buy new stuff every 2 years, recover most of my money and not have to worry about engine bearings, replacing batteries, airframe and/or covering damage due to fuel residue, etc.

If someone is asking $1,000.00 for an airplane (whether the price is reasonable or not), I don't see much point in offering $500.00 since this will only offend the seller. On the same hand, as Ron mentioned, if someone is asking $500.00 for a $1,000.00 airplane, than why offer them $400.00 when the original price was more than fair?

I guess it takes some common sense on the part of the buyer and the seller, but in the end..it's all for FUN!!

My 2 cents...
Dave V.
Burlington Radio Control Modelers
Team Skycraft
Old 08-29-2006, 07:54 PM   #13
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
Selling planes

Hey Heavypedal:

WHO paid for shipping, when YOU sold your plane ???

Kelly Andersen

No Gut's, No Glory!!
Old 12-05-2006, 06:51 PM   #14
RCC Apprentice
I am: Heavy P

Total Props: -1
In both cases the buyer paid for the shipping.
Closed Thread