Anger and frustration in the hobby - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2006, 10:26 AM   #31
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: John Davidson
Radio of choice:
EVO(12), Futaba
# of RCs: ?

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
The one about the water hazard brought back some memories about getting upset. Tues night is league night and a few years ago a guy got mad on the 7th hole which has a pond in the centre. After putting 3 balls in the water he threw his clubs in and went home. Said the H""l with it I quit. Saturday morning one of the kids who is a junior saw them and promptly dove in. Next week the guy is in the Club house stating somebody stole his clubs. The manager asked him what brand and it was mentioned Pings. Then he was told it would cost him $50 for them. Then the RCMP got involved. The end of it all with 3 witness's stating he quit and left them in there for four days he did not have a leg to stand on. He really quit this time and the young fellow has a good set of clubs.
It is a true story as I was one of the three and he was always popping off at somebody or something.
John Davidson
Keep the shiny side up and the wheels down
Vulcan1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:23 PM   #32
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Matt C
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 8

I can understand how you can get frustrated at crashes that are not your fault but to destroy your equipment is assanine.

I too have had an emotional outburst using choice words years ago when I had a radio failure at over 100MPH inverted low pass which ended the life of my new pattern ship, rear exhaust pumped/tuned Rossi and most of the radio when it hit the paved runway. After calming down one of the senior members came up to me and said Matt you are a great pilot I see you brought your funfly plane today aswell, we'll give you the sky so take it up and get back on the sticks right away. I had the best flight of my life I even dragged the rudder on the runway at full throttle and put on a hella show. From that day on everytime I have a crash I tell myself that it cant be avoided and get back on the horse. No more outbursts.

On one ocassion I did place a plane carcass in a bonfire at a funfly at the burlington field. At the end of the funfly the tradition was to burn old planes that were never going to be rebuilt. I had tried to do a loop around the power wires at the end of the runway and hit the top (my own fault) of the pole. The most frustrating part was walking to the end of runway and looking for the parts. In proper fashion I removed all the electronics and serimoniously placed the unrepairable carcass in the fire and had a memorial for the old bird. I tell you that was far more calming than cursing and swearing about the crash.

Moral of these stories is this - They all crash eventually so suck it up and keep on flyin'
Matteus is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:56 PM   #33
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Darren G
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 12

Total Props: 8
When I crash, all I can think of is the pilots and co-pilots families...Waiting there at Toys-R-Us for their husband or boyfriend to come home... Last one had a deep sea burial, (GI-Joe).. Friend crashed my 1/6 scale Cub into the lake and we had a minute of silence for him... He wasn't going home to Barbie after that one ...
Darren loves Floatplanes and dirt bikes
cf-drg is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:24 PM   #34
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Matt C
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 8

Home Wrecker

You home wrecker
Matteus is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:11 PM   #35
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Paul D
Radio of choice:
Fubar S-bus2 -no lock outs :)
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 21
Originally Posted by Charlie
Sounds to me like buddy should take an anger management class. The good thing is, it only cost him and no one else.

Don't agree, this cost the club and the hobby lots esp. if it was in front of some kids.

As president the WCRCAF I would dismiss this guy from the club immediately and refund him his dues. Don't need it.
MAAC Jet Committee/JPO Western Canada
2L club executive member
Pauld is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.