RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 08-10-2006, 09:58 AM   #1
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Cato Hansen
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
GAFF 2006. POKEMOUCHE Airport.

On behalf of the committee from Club Radio Controle Peninsule Acadienne, Fredericton Model Aircraft Club and Saint John Model Airplane Club, I would like to thank all the volunteers that made this event a great success. Without you all it would not be possible to put on an event this size and caliber. I will not mention and names, as you all know who you are, again, thank you to you all.
I would also like to thank our Demo Flyers, Mark Ramsay, Chris Roberts and Colin Bell for an outstanding performance in difficult conditions. What a show, thank you guys.
We also had some great flyers from all around the Atlantic Zone that made this what it is all about, a great comradeship and a fun thing to attend, thank you all, you where great.
We would also like to thank our sponsors, GREAT HOBBIES, M&M MEATS, MITCH BONGAARD ENTERPRISES, VALLEY HOBBY SHOP and IDE STUDIO for their great contribution to this event.
We also had car racing at the other end of the field, plus boat races down by Landry’s Motel, a big thank you goes out to all you guys for putting on a great show.
The GAFF 2006 event this year got under way Saturday morning with beautiful sunny skies, but windy, but that did not stop some of the best flyers we have here in the Zone from flying, and did they ever put on a great show for us all to enjoy.
We did not have a barbecue this year, but M&M had a great menu that we all enjoyed at bargain prices with super volunteer staff to keep it running smooth.
Saturday night, Colin Bell did a great Night Show with glow sticks attached to his Heli, and asome fireworks display as he was flying his Heli like it was daylight, what a guy and a great end of a super day.
Sunday came with another beautiful sunny day and the wind was calmed down, so no more excuses for not flying, and it looked like all had a great day flying.
The draw for Pilot Prizes started in the afternoon, and everyone got a prize.
The flying was stopped around 4:00 PM.
The event this year had 43 Pilots registered, and I think they all had a great time.

Cato Hansen.
Co-Chairman GAFF 2006.
chansen is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:19 PM   #2
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Calvin Martini
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 7
Yes - thank-you all! I had a terrific time!
martinic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-10-2006, 01:47 PM   #3
Ross Kean
RCC Noob

I think a special thank-you is due to Cato Hansen who spent the entire week in Pokemouche doing everything from staking out the pit area to getting the grass cut etc. Our Zone Director (Regis Landry) also deserves our thanks for the work (and picnic tables etc.) he contributed to the event!

Although this type of event always needs contributions and work by many people, GAFF 2006 would have run a lot less smoothly without these two individuals.

(Too bad they couldn't have done anything about the wind)

Ross Kean
Ross Kean is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:40 PM   #4
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: ChisR

Total Props: -4
Ross, I can't agree more. Cato and Regis and all others deserve a huge thanks. The amount of time they have put in was incredible and their drive to put on a good event was awesome. I had a great weekend and I think eveyone there did also.

So to Cato and Regis, thanks.

All the best,

Chris R
SJrcflyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:16 PM   #5
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Cato Hansen
Radio of choice:

Thanks Guys.
chansen is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:24 AM   #6
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Mark Ramsay
Radio of choice:
Anything but Futaba, Hitec and Airtronics

Total Props: 5

I would also like extend big thanks to all who helped out with the event. Aside from the wind and the unusually low attendance, it was a great time and i'll be definately be attending next year.
Ramz is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:32 AM   #7
Regis Landry
RCC Apprentice
I am: Regisl

Thank You Guys
It may be a lot of work, its worth the effort when it goes smoothly.
Also Thank You to all the Ladies and Guys that helped to make this
event a success. See you next year

Reg Landry
Atlantic ZD
Regis Landry is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:04 PM   #8
RCC Contributor
I am: Dan J.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

I apologize fro the late post, but I would like to echo what the other guys have said on here. Sadly, there were only a couple of us from the ASRCM club that attended, and it was a very nice, and well put on event. Kudos to everyone that supported and assisted with the organizing and running of the event.

Cya next year!

Dan Thibault
Oh great are the days when my takeoffs equal my landings!!!
MAAC #68159
Sparhawk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.