The Christen Eagle Flies! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 08-16-2006, 07:45 PM   #1
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0
The Christen Eagle Flies!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!

ARF is a bit of a misnomer for the Great Planes Christen Eagle. I'm a pasty white colour and 10 lbs heavier from sitting in my cellar for three weeks straight. Many many hours required to put it together, but the quality is A1, the construction is logical and the hardware package is excellent.

So, after 10 minutes in the air tonight for the first time, here is what I know:

1. The DA-50 has a rediculous amount of power for its weight... simply rediculous!

2. Anybody who tells you that you need a big rudder to do a nice knife edge is wrong. The DA-50 will knife edge a shopping cart full of watermelons.

3. 1/4 scale planes don't necessarily use more field for take off and landing. This one takes off in 40 feet and will land in 25.

4. It is hard to get a good center of gravity check on a plane with a very high wing. Five ounces on the tail only changes the pitch by a degree or two... That's important! (See point #5 below.)

5. A tail-heavy plane is a bit of a monster to fly when your thumbs are knocking together.

6. Burnt gasser fuel is nice and clean.

7. Unburnt gasser fuel is not nice at all... Got to get a better fill system!

8. Electronic ignition is wonderful. I wish my push mower and weedeater had it.

9. The stock DA-50 muffler is a useful duct to get exhaust out of the cowling. Unfortunately it is offensive to everything living and I expect that our field will close if I continue to use it!

10. A Great Planes Christen Eagle will in fact fit into a Honda Accord without irreversible modifications to the plane or car. Passengers have to use the roof rack.

Do any of you have one of these things?
If you're not part of the solution... you may be insoluble!
jpmodels is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.