3D - Aerobatics Discuss 3D

Closed Thread
Old 09-05-2006, 01:48 AM   #21
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Matt C
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!

Thanks for standing up buts its ok I know what the guys were getting at, the didn't know my current skill level and thought I was doing it to make 3D easier and to get out of beginner bad habits.

They were trying to convey the importance of stick time and practice instead of a digital solution to a hand eye coorditation problem.

As far as the expo goes I dont use it on the foamie but I HAD to dial some in on my new 3D heli cause it is INSANE and needs to havea the throws reduced around center. I am loving the expo on this setup for sure.

Got the flaperon mixing going now lovin that too I've been flying since I was 14 and I am 31 now, I have just been so stubborn that I have not been willing to try new things until now. I had a LOA from the hobby for a 6 year span and when I left I was not using any computer radios so I had never used those features. When I got back into it a few years ago I just stuck to what I knew. THanks to places like RC Canada your mind get opened to trying new things. Since the start of this thread I have dialed in Expo on one Aircraft and love it and have used Elevator -> FLaperon mixing to improve the foamy flight characteristics. Learned alot about ESC programming (was stricly nitro when I left the hobby), GYRO programmign and tuning as I returned to the hobby into helis then got planes aswell.

Thanks again to all of you from RC Canada that have helped me get familar with the areas of the hobby that I was out of touch with. I hope to be able to be a support for the newcomers.

P.S My GWS spitfire is almost done just need to make some minor modifications for scale apearance and possibly ditch the 350 and through in my Himax 2015 brushless.

Keep em flying boys and gals.
Matteus is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:35 PM   #22
RCC Supreme Contributor

did you try it yet?
Imac # 4751
Speedway and Hobby
PTA Hobbies
hillmanr2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:50 PM   #23
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Matt C
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 8

not yet

I decided not to try the gyro I was playing with the flaperon mixing instead and messing around with expo and the GYRO on my 3d heli.

I still might do it but after flying some more in G3 with the gyro I am pretty sure I won't like it much. I like to have the control in my models. (little bit of a control freak there).

Gyros are meant for tail rotors where they are really needed.

Thanks for all the input.
Matteus is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.