Generosity in the hobby - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 10-29-2006, 01:48 AM   #11
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hope to fly with you as well. Trainer to modified P51 Nemesis Reno 46.

The PC is good on the scenes.assume.................!
A good landing is when you, the pilot, can walk away !!!

MAAC # 75074
1367mustang is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:31 AM   #12
Dave Holmes
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Dave Holmes
Location: Prince Edward County, Ontario (no longer Brampton!)
Radio of choice:
Futaba 72 Mhz
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 10
I see it happening all the time, and try to pass it on, although I fear I am falling behind. An earlier post mentions Denmac; I heartily endorse the comments. Never met him, but a super dude who has come to my aid as well.
Dave Holmes

The older I get, the better I used to be!
Dave Holmes is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:00 PM   #13
Cecil Marshall
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Cecil M
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 20+

Total Props: 1

Never met him, but a super dude who has come to my aid as well.[/quote]

He's a "Blimey Limey" who can "drive you nuts" ,buuuuut, you couldn't ask for a "nicer fellow" who will go "out of his way" to help you any way he can
MAAC #11945L
IMAC #3709
Instructor Soo Modellers
Cecil Marshall is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:53 PM   #14
Dennis 9412
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Dennis DuBois
Radio of choice:
Airtronics SD-10G, JR XP9303
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 4
Re: Denmac

Originally Posted by Cecil Marshall
He's a "Blimey Limey" who can "drive you nuts" ,buuuuut, you couldn't ask for a "nicer fellow" who will go "out of his way" to help you any way he can
Couldn't have said it better myself, Cec. Very aptly put!!

Hell of a nice guy!!

Dennis DuBois
MAAC 9412L
IMAC 3821
CFI Orillia Aeromodelers
Dennis 9412 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:44 PM   #15
Doug Beaton
RCC Apprentice

About three years I stripped the main gear on a Kalt Omega pro helicopter.I contacted several companies and found out these parts were as scarse as hens teeth.I went on RC Universe and a guy from Norway contacted me and said he had one.He asked for my address and a week later I had the gear.We never even discussed how much he wanted for it.He paid for the shipping.This gear was brand new still in the unopened package.I tried to find out how much I owed him and finally he emailed me and said.Consider it a Christmas present.Now thats generosity.I have tried to repay him by helping as many guys as possible.What a great hobby.
Doug 6698
Doug Beaton is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:38 PM   #16
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Terry L

Total Props: 6

60 years ago, a young guy taught me how to build my very own flying model. I learned a lot from that singular experience, and since then I have tried to give back what I have received, and yet I find that I still owe the kitty.

I send stuff to people who need it, I accept with gratitude stuff that comes to me. I just received 12 boxes of model/fullsize airplane magazines, and I have already sent out info to guys researching rare aircraft for a project, for free.

I had always hoped that the hobby was all about sharing, and have very seldom been disappointed. Someone taught me to build. Someone taught me to fly. I tried to pay back for decades by training others in the model building/flying arts, but I find that I always learn as much as I teach, one way or another.

Those who do not/will not share in this wonderful hobby by teaching or giving don't seem to last long in it, and I guess that is the big leveler: if all you do is take, soon you will find that others won't give, so g'bye already... :P
TLyttle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:05 AM   #17
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Mike Gyger

This is one thing I will always admire about this hobby.

It is one you can go off to your corner, do your own thing, but if you need help, it's generally at your fingertips. Even in small towns.

If your into trying something different, just show up. You instantly get helping hands, showing you the ropes, doing everything they can to help you succeed, and baring that at least having fun failing.

I think the most valuable thing people give in this hobby is time. Most guys give endlesslessly and it is invaluable.

When guy's take the time to post a detailed explanation for a question I have, or anyone else, I beam with gratitude. If someone takes the time to email back and forth, I feel like I'm on top of the world, and I may even learn a thing or 2.

As time marches on, I think this hobby is changing for me. It's not all about the planes anymore. It's about the great people that I associate with because of the planes.

Your all great

Hat's off to everyone!!
Michael Gyger
MAAC 58295
Canhos is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.