draganfly 6 and 9 gram servos - DON'T - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Closed Thread
Old 10-08-2006, 01:00 PM   #11
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I would have to agree with Claude, I made the mistake of buying 6 of these about a year ago, I had them in a small profile foamy (about as light a plane as you can get) they didn't last a week, I complained to Draganfly, but never got a response, and haven't bought anything from them since.
WillyV is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:39 PM   #12
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Dave D

Total Props: 1
Wow this is amazing. I must have great luck. I just did a count and my son and I are using 22 9G ones and 4 6G ones. Some are over 3 years old and have not had one fail. Even after some of the indoor bashing that went on last year. I have had 2 HS-55's stop working out of about 10. I have not bought any Daganfly servo's in the last year(Also the HS-55's buzz much more than the Drganfly servo's). Maybe the early ones were better?

I do find the 4.2G Blue Aroow's are some of the best little servos I have used for very small airplanes.
adaptabl is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:55 PM   #13
RCC Contributor

I'm with adaptabl, sorta. I've got over half a dozen of these little servos, and in light apps, they've been fine for me. I've had one fail in a rudder in a cox micro warbird - it locked over, and spun the plane in. But I've had two in a homebuilt DLG that I've bashed around a ridiculous amount, and they're still ticking.

If I'm going to build something I'm not too worried about, like a foamie, I'd use the Draganfly ones if I got them cheap enough.

That said, I'm pretty much sold on the JR Sport SM8 and SM15 servos... maybe a little pricy, but rock solid.
Eagles may soar,
but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Squidbait is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:05 PM   #14
RCC Supreme Contributor

So the sm8 servos are 6 grams? Good to know. I have never bought bluebird are little yellow servos before and probably never will. I have a bunch "O" hs55's and some s75 eflight servos. The 55's-s75's suck but you get what you pay for. Out of 10 servos NON has ever centered properly in use. I may upgrade to the JR servos.
Imac # 4751
Speedway and Hobby
PTA Hobbies
hillmanr2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:16 PM   #15
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Mark Ramsay
Radio of choice:
Anything but Futaba, Hitec and Airtronics

Total Props: 5

Check out the Futaba S3110's. 22oz of torque, .10 speed and only .27 oz weight for only 18$. A definite winner in my book. They beat the HS55's in every category but price.
Ramz is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.