Indoor Flying? - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2006, 07:08 AM   #11
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Mike Clemmens

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by Ontariomystic
Closest I Know of is in Kitchener. You can check with Ivan Kristiansen, he organizes it.
I've been out to Kitchener several times last year, but its 45 min away without any traffic or nasty winter weather. Just thought perhaps there might be something close by.
Mike Clemmens
50%300SFlyer is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-17-2006, 11:27 AM   #12
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Maqsood

There is one every month in Oakville. Don't know exactly where you are, but might be a tad bit closer from Kitchener.
Here is the AD from EMFSO site for the first one coming up.

An evening of Indoor R/C Electric Flying !

SATURDAY October 28, 2006 from 8:00pm to 11:00pm

Sheridan College Athletics and Recreation Facility gym

1430 Trafalgar Rd, Oakville, Ontario.

We have the use of the large gym for the three hour period. There's plenty of space for flying.

From the QEW in Oakville take Trafalgar Rd north. Go for 1 or 2 Kms and look for Sheridan College on your left (west). Take the second entrance (the one further north) and follow around to the back. You'll see the gym beside the parking lot (and beside the tennis dome).

Regular frequency control will be in effect, and MAAC is required to fly.

For more information contact Robert Pike at, or (416) 724-7615, or ask in the Message Board

Come on out to the indoor flying. It's a blast and we always have a good time. We hope to see many of you there.
MAAC # 59977
IMAC # 4177

My Website
My Photo gallery
rcpilot is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:31 PM   #13
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 9
Brantford - Hamilton Area Indoor Flying!

Dan Speers of the Brant Flyers has, for the past couple of years, arranged 4 or 5 dates for indoor flying at the Mohawk Collage, Brantford Campus, on Elgin Street over the winter months! Not a huge attendance but the jym is a good size and the price is quite reasonable.

I'll find out when he's going to submit the dates and if accepted I can post the schedule here...if anyone is interested!

Ron, what model Blade are you flying...CP or CP Pro? I purchased the Blade CX a week or so ago and am having a great time with it although I have broken the top blade a couple of times as well...but they are cheep to buy at only $5 for 4 top blades and the same for 4 bottom blades!

Was just wondering how you find yours for handling etc. As I get on to the CX I might like to consider moving up to the more conventional model!
Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Radios used: Spektrum DX6i
Current builds: 1/4 scale J3 Cub & Neiuport 17 and KMP B-25.
Currently flying: Scratched Tele 40, Parkzone Stryker & 60" SPAD Debonaire

"Time flies like an arrow - fruit flys like a banana." Groucho Marks
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:03 PM   #14
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ronm
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Hi Gary, I have the CP with the aerobatic kit (better motor/gears and symetrical blades, and a 3-cell Lipo)
It is fun to fly indoor in a large area, in my garage the heli itself creates enough wind-turbulance to make it a handful.
Outdoors it must be virtually dead-calm.
I can hover it and move it around pretty good, but I only have about 6 or 7 flights on it so far.
From what I hear, if you can fly one of these, you can fly any they are not the easiest!

I feel good about finally being able to fly a heli now though!! (sort of)
Ron Mattiuz

Flying Tigers RC Club
"Flying an airplane is just like riding a bike...except it's harder to put cards in the spokes"
ronm is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.