How does this fit in with the MAAC Safety Code - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2006, 07:16 PM   #1
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
How does this fit in with the MAAC Safety Code

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!

Pilot by himself (see end of video) using VR Goggles to pilot plane around sky and look about.

Great idea, but possibly poor execution WRT the Safety Code.

Obviously, the pilot cannot see any other aircraft in the air or knows wht's going on around him due to his vision being obscured.

Possibly flying on private property without permission (eg, golf course).

Anything else that we can talk about?

Personally, if I was doing this, I'd make darn sure I had a spotter at hand.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:57 PM   #2
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0
Not much left for discusion
Imac # 4751
Speedway and Hobby
PTA Hobbies
hillmanr2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:38 PM   #3
RCC Supreme Contributor

probably okay if you did it on a buddy box....

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you will have to catch up.
nony is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:42 PM   #4
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: robert j

again safety code only applys at a maac feild and is a condition of the insurance policy. has nothing to do with flying the airplane on a feild that is not a maac club feild
volksman is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:03 AM   #5
RCC Contributor

man ,he better fly straight like the rest of the boys and whats with the toy comment??

theres no place,like cloud base!
j-coles is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:26 PM   #6
RCC Contributor

That would make me puke

That would make me puke!! The video almost did!!
Joe Di Profio Jr

MAAC 70927

"Am I Inverted.....Oh Crap!!"
jdiprofio is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:27 PM   #7
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ron O.

Total Props: 33
I'm not sure why the negative comments, this is quite impressive. Outside the box to be sure, but still impressive.

reo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:38 PM   #8
RCC Contributor

Yep, as volksman said, MAAC only applies if you're an active paying member.
MAAC is really the only thing that governs our hobby with the exception of the governments control on applicable frequencies. People can pretty much fly wherever and however they want without doing anything illegal. Atleast, untill someone complains, then it gets hairy..
True Northern Hobbies, Inc.
Credence is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:32 PM   #9
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Eric T

Total Props: 2
The other guys are all hiding behind trees and shrubs.

I also doubt he tried this right out of the box so to speak.

Very innovative.
tech1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:55 PM   #10
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: robert j

the following showed up in my pm box. the pres could have corrected the matter with a post himself. not overly appreciated

I have to correct you. Your MAAC insurance policy through Lloyds states that a flier is covered "When the field owners permission has been ontained AND where MAAC's safety rules are followed".

The procedure under discussion would be permitted where a second pilot held the master transmitter and maintained visual contact with the model. The VR pilot would fly through the buddy box.

We do not want people under false impressions, so it would be appreciated if you would corrct your post, or add another one that reflects the situation accurately

Richard Lyle Barlow
MAAC President.