H9 extra 260? - Page 5 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Giant Scale Aircraft Discuss Giant RC Scale Aircraft.

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2006, 07:53 PM   #41
RCC Senior Contributor

Total Props: 0
27% Hangar 9 Extra

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well I have the plane and a DA 50 and I bought the plane as it was at the time (this june) the only plane in ( GH ) that would even marginally
handle the DA 50 so I bought it even though I knew of the too small wing area..
Flies Great but a little heavy. ..I have now a line- on some 87 inch planes..SO that is what i'll get.

Oh i also have a 78 " hangar 9 Edge 540 i flew last year mostly on gas.

But I did try a Saito 100 in it and once in the air it flew fine just no fancy 3d stuff.. and two lbs weight up front... ( I taped some wrenches to the motor box. ) 13 LBS. or maybe more.. Was fun anyway..

I don't fly well yet but I will eventually , this year has been a lot of fun
especially because of the GH crew helped with some small hardware issues I had..Thnx again Guys. -End Ramble--
Have a great day!!!
popcan is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:33 AM   #42
RCC Apprentice

I'm happy with the H9 Extra 260 and DA50 combo.

Great for a first gasser!

Works well in Calgary at 4000 feet ASL where you need more power to weight.

airlyons is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:12 PM   #43
I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-16
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 16
Originally Posted by airlyons
Works well in Calgary at 4000 feet ASL where you need more power to weight.
Not a problem in PEI!
Jim Daly
IMAC Sequence Committee Member
Your Friendly Neighborhood SouthEast Zone Director
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678
scaleguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:53 PM   #44
RCC Noob
I am: Greg

Re: H9 extra 260?

Originally Posted by agilbert
i am thinking about getting this plane for my da 50. what should i know about this plane before i plunk down my hard earned cash?

Having owned and flown the H9 Extra 260 for two seasons with my DA-50, as my first gasser, I can say this:

* The engine is *way* overpowered for this plane.

* The engine will eventually vibrate the engine box apart if you do not take measures during the installation and ongoing monitoring. These measures at a minimum include fiberglassing the engie box and surrounding fuse areas, dowel hinges on the engine box, better bolts on the aluminum braces, more epoxy.

* It is a bit heavy wingloading wise but it will fly and land very well with practice.

I do not regret my time with it and I never once crashed it due to coming in "heavy". The landing gear that comes with it is total crap, regardless of how smooth you land it, it will delaminate. Get the aluminum gear instead.

Do not ever fly the plane with the DA-50 on full throttle on anything but an upline (not necessary for unlimited vertical either).

This is experience talking, not just math... There are better airframe choices out there, at a higher $$$ price... Depends on your budget!
xed is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:14 AM   #45
RCC Contributor
I am: Paul PB

I have this set up and absolutely like it. I like the power of this DA-50 on it . At full throtle it is a bomb when I pass it in front of me ! Also , at low speed , to control this 260 extra is easy like my little somethin extra . No bad attitude or surprise. With a ''meshlick'' 23 x 8 it is hard to stall the vertical ...LOL Just balance it well and here we go !!
BUT WHO KNOW? I'm waiting for the Colyn's Edge 540(80'') this w-e with a ZDZ 40 . I'm shure I'll like it a lot but who know , maybe latter I'll put the zdz in my H9 260 and the DA-50 in the Edge ? See Ya ! Paul
So hard to make 3D but I love it !
sylo26 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.