airtronic servos conversion - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electronics Discuss radios, chargers, etc...

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2006, 05:44 PM   #1
Second time around
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0
airtronic servos conversion

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I have aquired 3 airtronic servos with a -plane i purchased. How do you convert these to work with a hi tec radios
Hi tec servo wiring are red, white and black
Airtronic are marked 123
3 red
Second time around is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:09 PM   #2
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: eric q
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: too

Total Props: 26
I googled servo wiring to get this wonderbar explainment:

Connectors can be had cheaply here:
desiderantes meliorem patriam
To err is human, to moo is bovine
moo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:34 PM   #3
Second time around
RCC Pro Contributor

servo conversion

Thanks for the info .
Second time around is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:32 AM   #4
RCC Master Contributor
I am: a Scratch Builder
Radio of choice:
JR 9503 & DX7
# of RCs: 50+

Total Props: 6
Just switch pins 2 and 3 so the red (+) is in the center slot. It is a tight fit but once you have converted it. I would try plugging in the servo to the receiver to see if the servo is any good before I invested time and money into new connectors.

Hope this helps

If you want awesome, you have to scratch build it!
Tomahawk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:14 PM   #5
RCC Apprentice
I am: R Gar

With a sharp knife & a small file, you can modify the old style Airt. plastic connectors to work in Futaba or Hitec receivers. Use a Hitec connector as a sample. Don't forget to reverse the 2 terminals as mentioned above.
boberos is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:53 PM   #6
RCC Supreme Contributor

Servos for idiots.

I picked up a receiver and some servos at the London swap meet, with hopes of using them in my SPAD I'm building. I didn't ask any questions when buying these things, I must have simply thought that everything would work out fine and I'd figure out how to get it all to work. So this is how I'm figuring it out, by asking you guys!

These will be used with a JR XF622 Tx that a friend gave me.

Receiver: JR R700, paid $35
-->My friend gave me a receiver crystal to go match the one that was in the transmitter. Do these have a positive/negative? The crystal slides in either way, and I just want to double-check I'm not going to cause any harm.

Servo 1: JR NES-517, paid $5
-->I'm sure this one will be fine. Looks like new and fits nicely in the receiver. The nice gentleman who was selling it proved it worked before accepting money.

Servo 2: hitec oilite bearing HS-500 CW, paid $11 for this and 2 others
-->Fits nicely in the receiver and has the same wire configuration as the JR servo, yellow red black.

Servo 3: no label, paid $11 for this and two others
-->Made in korea and has DAD scratched into the top of it. Connector has J/R moulded into it. Fits in the receiver and has a white red black wire configuration.

Servo 4: no label, paid $11 for this and two others
-->Connector says AIR and will fit in the receiver. It appears to have been filed to fit standard connectors, and the wiring appears to have been switched. It is currently wired black red black, but W B R appears on the connector, which does not match the wires. Is this a converted 'old Airtronics' servo?

I am also wondering if these should be put in in any special order, ie. if one is a weak servo, use it for throttle, etc.

I also wound up with a couple switches, one has a J-connector, and so doesn't fit. The other fits, and the connections are all black red, nothing. This is going to be the dumbest question of all, but one side of the switch has one male connector, that goes to the receiver? Then the other side has a female connector for the charger? and a male connector for the battery?

Thanks for any help you can give. I'm rediculously inexperienced in all of this, and dont really know anyone in the hobby (aside from all you great faceless friends ) to ask for in-person help. Being a beginner, I likely should have just bit the bullet for new equipment, but I'm just so darn poor (and by poor, I mean cheap). Besides, I can justify the hassle as being a learning experience. I'm pretty sure I've got everything right, and these will all just work fine, but I thought I'd get a little advise before plugging everything in and watching the smoke rise.

Ben Hindmarsh

"I keep planting planes, but they just won't grow!"
benjhind is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.