NEW PLANE - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 11-19-2006, 02:16 PM   #1
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I crashed my FuntanaS 40 last night at the field ( awesome plane ) , i think i got a glitch or it stopped responding because i was flying level then it flipped and rolled to the ground ( nothing left of the plane , battery jr 4.8v 1100maH reading 5.1 under load so the battery didnt die) i want to go bigger probably 90 size. 27% is too pricy for now ( im only 14 years old so i have limited money ) my 40 had a saito 82 so it was lots of power. i was thinking of the Showtime 4D 90 and the FuntanaX 100 with a Saito 150 maybe 180. ( might go o.s because i find the saito mufflers fall off or loosen too much ) if theres any other planes i should be thinking about i am open to suggestions. i want a plane that will hover well and i need enough power for unlimited vertical. I want to be able to knife edge, harrier, waterfall etc. Maybe the U-CAN-DO would be a good choice. i've flown it and it seems to do well.
stephensampson511 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-19-2006, 07:17 PM   #2
RCC Contributor
I am: Pulkit S

wow 95 views and not a single reply.

well sorry to hear bout the funtana. I have seen a showtime fly. it does fly well. But the guy had a os120 on it and it certainly didnt seem like enough power.
I cant really suggest u much in the 90 sized range coz i am more of a profile planes guy.

I had a few problems with mine initially, but once dialled in........they are a blast to fly.

For the stuff that u are looking to do and more...........have a look at the aeroworks edge540(put nothing under a saito 100 on that), or the mojo60(saito 100), fusion90(from OMP), or the Mojo65(ys 1.40).

U;ll have a blast flying these profiles(except for the aeroworks edge), and they dont break easy.

so whats happening to the saito 82 that was on it. maybe get another 40 sized profile for that.

aerodreamer is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:06 PM   #3
RCC Noob

i gave the 82 to my little brother ( hes 12 ) i got it after christmas onec my plane was put together so it belongs to my dad really. hes going to put it on his plane instead of a 2-stroke enya 40
psam is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:09 AM   #4
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Mark Ramsay
Radio of choice:
Anything but Futaba, Hitec and Airtronics

Total Props: 5

If your looking for a 3D plane, the general consensis (spelling?) when comparing the Showtime and the Funtana 100X is that the showtime is more of a pattern plane whereas the Futana is more of a 3D ship (from what i've read). For 3D, these airframes are too small to get good performance out of a gas motor. Either go with a YS110 and run it on 20-30% nitro, or an OS120 or and OS160. With the YS, you can put the tank on the CG, it'll will hold a tune amazingly well and it's got that 4 stroke sound and torque.....but burning 20% fuel could get rather expensive. The OS120 and OS160 will mount up easily and will give you great power but if you want to put the tank on the CG, you'll need some sort of pump or regulator. I would be tempted to go OS120....enough power for 3D, cheaper than the YS by 110$ and you can get away with running 5% fuel...becuase it'll eat fuel.
Ramz is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.