This guy is nuts. hes going to kill someone!!!! - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 12-09-2006, 09:17 PM   #21
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Mike Gyger

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Sorry for the hijack,

Bill's video was flying, it should have a huge disclaimer at the bottom, much the same as the car ad's.

With the B25, it did say somewhere that the guy that got hit was the safety officer of the club. I noticed the guy who got hit dragging the guy with the transmitter back, into the path of the plane (not intentional I'm sure, probably trying to duck for cover and protect his buddy).

That crash was the result of a problem. Engine out, on takeoff. The audio quality in each of the videos was different, and maybe the pilot did call a problem.
Michael Gyger
MAAC 58295
Canhos is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:26 PM   #22
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
Originally Posted by Canhos
I'm not sure wether I'm supposed to aspire to his skills, or use him as a poster boy for what not to do.
The video could be used I suppose as "poster boy for what not to do" but here is where I would argue that.

It appears that it was an isolated flight, looking at the video I'd venture to say that it was not at an RC field, certainly not an event, it was probably flown that way specifically for the video. That being the case he is not flying at an AMA sanctioned field (remember, I'm venturing a guess here) and as such breaking none of the actual rules that are in place.

While I disagree with that type of showboating on video's as it makes more people think they are capable of it, it's no different than watching extreme motocross or any other sport where they've gone beyond the norm.

Now, if this were the video showing the guy who was hovering over the swimming pool full of people that circulated a while back, or the idiots who were trying to take a trainer loaded with an explosive device off of a residential street I would say they are being complete idiots.

In this case with Bill Hemple flying for a video (as it appears) I'll just sit back and admire the skill. I don't really understand why people want to hover an airplane like that but that's just me, still takes a load of skill to do so.

The B25 video on the other hand just shows all out negligence, disregard for human safety and outright stupidity. That was at an obvious model field, multiple people who were probably not involved directly in comprimising positions, and as I recall in the thread on RCU this was the maiden flight of the model.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:44 PM   #23
RCC Contributor
I am: Mark M

To quantify my comments, I was speaking of the later-posted B25 video.

The initial video (yes, sorry, I threadjacked too) was interesting, but I've not much to say about it. Yes, it looks like it wasn't at a sanctioned field, and yes, I personally wouldn't do anything the same...but I also don't have the kind of skill that he obviously has.

He's certainly putting himself at risk though.
Oshawapilot is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:01 PM   #24
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Mike Gyger

I'm looking for fences in every one of the videos I watch now. They are present in Bill's video. You can see them in the background.

The flying you saw in that video was done on a closed course, by a professional pilot. Do not try this at home. You will cause a ruckuss, and probably have a thread dedicated to your shananigan's. There will be a varied view on your actions, from disbelief, to awe, to horror. Some will request you turn in your card. You can not hover a 50% airplane off your nose. You can not fall to the ground while it is doing so. You can not remove your hands from the sticks while it is inches from your face.

Bill can. He's been doing this for years, has many hours of practice with planes of this scale, and knows what is going to happen the day before. He is in tune with his craft.

B25 guy's , be careful. You can't even ditch a plane without hitting someone (it may have been a near miss, but sure looked like a hit). Don't even think of trying to hover a foamy within 50 feet of someone else. Not until your plane bleeds your blood, and you fart airplane smoke.

How's that???
Michael Gyger
MAAC 58295
Canhos is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.