Laser or kit cutting service in Canada - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aircraft Discuss Scale Aircraft.

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 01:50 PM   #1
AlexL
RCC Pro Contributor

I am: AlexL
Radio of choice:
JR9503

Total Props: 2
Laser or kit cutting service in Canada

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Can someone let me know where could I have some wood parts cut, this is for a Dave Platt 1/5 FW190A.

Or for that purpose, any kit cutting service in Canada?

Thx,

Alex
AlexL is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-25-2006, 02:05 PM   #2
planecrazy
RCC Supreme Contributor

I am: Chris R

Total Props: 1
We laser cut is in Barrie, Ontario. I've heard good thing about them. Haven't tried them myself, yet.

http://welasercut.com

Chris
Old 12-25-2006, 02:38 PM   #3
AlexL
RCC Pro Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR9503

Thx,

Will try them after the holidays.

Thx,

Alex

Old 12-25-2006, 08:32 PM   #4
Willy
RCC Noob

I am: William L
Radio of choice:
What ever works
# of RCs: lot

Total Props: 0
Laser Cutting

I approached them awhile ago about getting a plane cut from plans. I got the impression they would rather not do anything complicated. They did not offer any quotes or altrenatives. I will go state side to get the job done.
Willy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-25-2006, 09:44 PM   #5
twnotter
RCC Contributor

I am: Nick Craig

Total Props: 1
I believe www.mraerodesign.com also does it, check it out.
twnotter is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:48 AM   #6
AlexL
RCC Pro Contributor

Radio of choice:
JR9503

Thanks,

Hello TwnOtter,

Looks really promising, thanks.

Alex
Old 12-26-2006, 10:41 AM   #7
Concordefan
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Robert
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 2

Hi Alex,

Personally i haven't dealth with "We laser Cut" guys but i haven't heard too good about them either, i have seen Huges500 here had good service with them but thats about it all, so its up to you to take a chance or find somebody else like what Nick aka Twnotter suggested.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:59 AM   #8

Total Props: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concordefan
Hi Alex,

Personally i haven't dealth with "We laser Cut" guys but i haven't heard too good about them either, i have seen Huges500 here had good service with them but thats about it all, so its up to you to take a chance or find somebody else like what Nick aka Twnotter suggested.
First of all I have not dealt with this company either but it appears some do not have a clue about the cnc laser process. Cutting the kit is the easiest part of the process turning the plans into a usable vector or cad drawing is the time consuming part. People phone and expect a company to quote on cutting from plans. Are you willing to pay someone to sit down and develop those cad plans on top of cutting them? For one kit the cost would be prohibitive. That is why you get the hesitation when you mention cutting from plans. They know you do not have a clue of the time involved in converting those plans to be usable. There are kit cutters out there who have developed the vector drawings for some of the popular kits and they still cost upwards of 300 bucks US without the prints or glass parts.

You will not find it any cheaper than a company that has already done the vector work and is producing the kit try these guys they have your kit in stock http://www.precisioncutkits.com/instock.html

Sammy why you would put down a company on hearsay is beyond me. You have no experience with this company yet you put your 2 cents in and bash them. Its obvious you have no clue as to what is involved in the laser cutting process.

Dennis
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:54 PM   #9
Concordefan
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★

I am: Robert
Radio of choice:
Spektrum
# of RCs: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propworn
First of all I have not dealt with this company either but it appears some do not have a clue about the cnc laser process.
You said same as what i said, so whats your point??, I stated what i am told about them and what i have read myself, by no means i am putting a company down but letting Alex know my 2 cents worth. Thats all!, plus how do you know what i know or don't know about laser cutting, did we ever talked or exchanged any information, NO NEVER!! So why are you making things up about me?? SmartA$$...
Old 12-26-2006, 03:10 PM   #10

Total Props: 57
Quote:
="Concordefan, plus how do you know what i know or don't know about laser cutting
Have you ever taken a blueprint and attempted to scan and turn it into a vector or autocad file complete with the corrections to make a cnc machine follow a tool path and produce a workable part?????

Kind of obvious isn't it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So many opinions so little knowledge.

And by repeating what you claim others have said or written without first hand knowledge is putting the company down. especially when you offer no specific info, links or other information from which you base your infinite knowledge.

You don't like it when someone posts something that is less than complimentary about you yet you feel justified in doing it to a company you have no first hand knowledge with. A double standard if I ever saw one.

Dennis
Guest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Log-in