Removing reply option for "For Sale" - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 12-29-2006, 04:31 PM   #11
Shallow LakeShore
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Could we ban certain users from replying??
Shallow lakeshore
Shallow LakeShore is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:13 PM   #12
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Bob the Builder

Wow... lotta personal issues here!

I also think the reply should remain.
OverTemp is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:20 PM   #13
RCC Senior Contributor

Have a great day!!!
popcan is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:26 PM   #14
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Jack D.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 19
Only for a select few it seems.
wingburner is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:28 PM   #15
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: John Davidson
Radio of choice:
EVO(12), Futaba
# of RCs: ?

Leave it alone.
If you make a degrading remark I think Jason could do something about that person if it keeps up. Not that Jason has nothing to do but if there was a moderator he could also handle it. I am on a couple of forums that any derogatory comments get you a warning and then good bye.
Last week I got what I thought was a warning in a forum. I pm'd the moderator who put it there asking what I had done to offend him. He pm'd me back it wasn't me but also that the offender was history.
Some help for the guy selling I can see as for example Gary commented on the EVO12 which I bought. If he had not I probably would not have bought it and would be still looking. Thanks Gary
John Davidson
Keep the shiny side up and the wheels down
Vulcan1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:34 PM   #16
RCC Senior Contributor

You are comparing any of the comments I have made in a forsale thread to what you have done????? You have got to be kidding me, right? Noin, don't get your panties in a knot...I would never compare YOU to ME ...just saying that there are MANY people who post useless comments in the Sale section.

JohnnyHotRocks is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:45 PM   #17
RCC Contributor
I am: Mark M

I run a forum myself and we had similar problems with our buy and sell forums - some people insist on threadcrapping.

For a short time we setup the b&s forums so that the original posters could delete their own posts, or responses contained therein.

That inevitably led to problems with people abusing the privledge.

So we changed it so that all new posts were immediately locked and were for viewing only - followups were done by PM. (There is no way to prevent responses to posts otherwise - a lock must be enabled...)

This worked for a while but ended up causing alot of duplicate posts as people (who couldn't bump or edit their posts afterwards) simply made duplicate posts.

Eventually we instituted the only realistic option - we recruited a moderator.

The moderator we picked was someone who had a proven track record of getting along with others (even those they had personal issues with) and was a frequent visitor to the forum.

They now keep everything shipshape and all of our problems went away - we since recruited a few more moderators for other areas as well.
Oshawapilot is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:43 PM   #18
RCC Master Contributor
I am: George S
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 2
Shallow lakeshore. I think this is a worthwhile topic to bring up just to show how people feel about these spammers. As in life you develop a reputation on this forum. If you want to be known as the a$$ who is constantly posting garbage. Than just keep posting garbage and eventually people will resent you and not reply to requests for info etc.... I find it ironic that people will post a rude reply to a spammer. The rude reply is just as bad as the original spam. If the seller of the item doesn't like comments that have been made he/she can erase the subject and comment of the original post and repost it. Done deal. Concordfan did it recently with his "Yale for Sale". The original RCC member than becomes the moderator of his own Posts. Am I over simplifying things?

I'll be the first to admit I have posted comments that were not appropriate, but some of the comments I read leave me wondering if these people have no shame.

Lets all try and keep our sticks on the ice. Cheers. George
I keep having the same mechanical problem. I've got a loose nut on the transmitter!

G-manz35 AKA. George St.Amant MAAC#75084
g-manz35 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:47 PM   #19
RCC Senior Contributor

...George...if you notice Concordefan's revised Harvard/Yale post, you will see that within minutes, there was garbage added already....reposting it didn't really help in that or many cases...

Maybe a Mod is the solution? I don't know...I for one vow to only post in the ForSale section if I am selling something, or have a legit question...
JohnnyHotRocks is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 12-29-2006, 06:57 PM   #20
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
I have said for quite a while now that RCC could use another moderator, there is to much going on here now for Jason to realistically catch it all. There have been posts in other forums that were innappropriate to the site as well. Jason did remove them but it took him a couple days, he has a life outside RCC as he should have. There are many for sale threads that you have to sift through tons of crap to find the valid info, a moderator to help keep those threads clean would be a real bonus as far as I'm concerned.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.