RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 01-01-2007, 09:46 AM   #1
michel gravelle
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Michel G

Total Props: 8

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Happy Newyear To All

I thought I would pass the time on talking about the projects that I m working on at the moment .

My Tiger60 is almost complet , I ve added a coupleof changes to the plane . First , I ve added a bigger engine , an OS 91SF . This was done because the 91 weights the same as the 61 , I will be able to add it to another project later . I ve added flaps , just to have them , don t know if they are very practical on this plane , but what the hec . I ve reinforced the fire wall because of the bigger engine . It will have a 14oz tank , which be enough for a 12 minute flight plus extra . It has retracts from Robart ( which is fun installing ) too make it look more flight realistic . I ve also done something that I have never read about and that is that I ve added a servo to the nose gear in front . This was done for two reasons , first , I don t want the sevo to bind , ( its a heavyer plane ) and I wanted to have fun with the mixxing on my radio, ( FUT Cap 9 ) , there will also be a servo saver on this function . For the throddle I ve added a mini servo .Altogether there will be 9 servos , 2 for the flaps , 2 for the ailerons 2 for the tail end 1 for the throddle , 1 for the nose gear and the last one for the retracts .

The Tiger will be covered in Koveral , haven t decided on a colour pattern yet . The main colours will be red and white and possibly blue
PLEASE I know I m nuts , just don t tell anyone

My second project is my LT-40 , which will be converted to a 60 , with a 14 oz tank, it also will have an extra servo for the nose gear . I ve added a Dura main gear and a Fults double spring nose gear . This reason for this is to raise the plane off the ground so that I can add a 12x6 prop for the 60 . I had my Saito 56 on it with a 12x6 prop and had a hard time with the distance between the prop and mother earth . I also will be adding snow skis to it , so that I can get out A.S.A.P. I have an extra set of wings for this plane from my first build , its sheeted and covered in fiberglass and is already built with two sevos to make flapperons .Some day this wing might be made into a twin , I think that would look neat I ve changed the throddle sevo into a mini .

As you can read I m haveing a tonne of FUN . All of this keeps me out of my wifes hair and shes haveing fun too

Happy NewYear Everyone

May the new year be good for you all .

Well back to the building

Thanks for reading

Michel ( Mike )
michel gravelle is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:51 PM   #2
RCC Contributor

Total Props: 0
91 a good engine

The 91FX uses the same casting as the 61 I believe. I seem to recall that because of the bigger bore, the 91 is an ounce or two lighter. Provided that you can swing an appropriate prop, the 91 is a better option it would seem as long as you have enough discipline on the throttle!

The LT40 is a fantasic plane. I'm off glow, but I still have a friends LT40 in my basement. Hmmm. I guess it would be nice of me to keep the dust blown off it.

If you're not part of the solution... you may be insoluble!
jpmodels is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.