other people flying your planes - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 01-21-2007, 03:15 PM   #21
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Well not all boys go through the age thing butthe mojarity do. Not only do I fly RC with my boy but I have coached hockey for the last 13 years. At age 10 some are real focused most are short lived attention span. It only gets worse around 15 - 16 years of age its like they get a fart stuck sideways and the just don't think.

Then the mojarity of them settle down and start to figure it out and things get really good with your kid. Owshawapilot be alittle extra patient and it will come.

Kelly early congrats on the second child!!!

Enough of the senitive stuff, is anybody having good flying weather?
The worst day flying is better then the best day working!!
Mickey Adam
Powell River
micman is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:42 AM   #22
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Dave V
Radio of choice:
JR X9503 / Spektrum DX18G2

Total Props: 4
Originally Posted by Oshawapilot
Originally Posted by benjhind
Mark: Have you let him loose on your sim? Once he makes the connection to video games, he might get hooked on RC!
He plays with the Sim but I see a little too much correlation to it being a video game, and not enough seriousness in it actually being a simulator.

When I make a point of mentioning it to him he does straighten up and actually try to fly the plane, but as soon as I turn my back for a second he's right back to the "Hey lets see if I can loop it and how fast can I make it go?" routine.

Of course, most of that results in prompt crashes and doesn't teach him much IMHO. Yes, he's still learning something I guess, but it seems to be more fooling-around then anything else, and until I see some amount of basic responsibility happening on the sim, I'm not going to let him at the real thing.

At any rate, give yourself a pat on the back for keeping an eye on the video game time. I mean that.
Thanks. I told myself I wasn't ever going to be one of those irresponsible parents who lets their kids become zombies to video games or TV, or use the computer unsupervised. We have pretty strict rules on all of that.

The world is alot different then when you and I were kids, that's for sure, and he is most certainly one of those kids who would literally park himself in front of one screen or another from morning to night if we let him.

Not gonna happen, though.
I have the same situation with my son (10 years old). I let him fly my sim, he does a couple of circuits and then starts doing crazy stuff with it until he crashes. At the present time, when I go to the field, he brings his Savage or Nitro Evader and runs those while I fly. We're fortunate enough to have the room at our field for him to do that. Anyway, I really don't care if he flies or drives his trucks as long as he is there with me. When I take his truck and my plane home in one piece, I can say we had a great day.
Dave V.
Burlington Radio Control Modelers
Team Skycraft
jake_027 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.