Mall Shows - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

View Poll Results: Would you attend a club race this Monday September 4th?
Yes 6 16.22%
No 4 10.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2007, 10:25 PM   #21
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: wayne b

Total Props: 5

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I just finished my first ever full day stint at a mall show. Was it worth it? YOU BET !!!!
It was a great way to spend a day talking about models to fellow club members and onlookers...anyone who was interested.

It was a great way to get a sneak peak at new winter projects (as mentioned above)

It was a great way to showcase the club to the community. Naturally, a lot of people were not interested, but some were, including at least two that were dying to get into the hobby, but did not know where or how!

We had catalogues from 2 hobby stores, beginners guides, and club cards to give away, so people had something to take away with them. We had a flight sim up and running so people could try their hand at flying.

Even if the excited people join a different club, or decide to go to RC cars or boats, it was still worth it as we had the opportunity to promote the hobby!
There aren't enough days in the weekend. -- Steven Wright
Wayne22 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:55 AM   #22
RCC Master Contributor
I am: John R
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 20
We had our first mall show last year in Cambridge at the biggest mall in the area. We got 23 models last year, set up a simulator, had some handouts about the hobby and our club, and picked up a couple members that didn't know about us.

Everybody that participated had a good time interacting with the public and their fellow modellers.

We are having our second one this coming weekend. Instead of a flight sim, we were able to get a DVD player and an HD big screen from The Bay, at the mall, and we will be showing videos.

It's certainly a bit of work for the organisers, but a lot of fun too. Can't do too much PR work in your own home town.
John Kovats

aka Johnny Versatile

MAAC 65460

Hespeler Model Aviators Inc.
Cambridge Float Flyers

I don't have the answers, but I have a personal relationship with the Guy that does.
JKovats is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:47 PM   #23
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Mike G
Radio of choice:
Futaba 9c
# of RCs: 14

Total Props: 15
Now I think a Mall Show would be good. Unfortunately the town I live in (about 10,000 people there is no such thing as a mall Lots of horse and buggies but no mall
hifly2104 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:03 PM   #24
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
I just thought that I would post an update about our local Mall Show, held over Friday evening and all day yesterday.

We had a total of 43 airplanes and 5 helicopters on display. As I think back I believe we did not have a single duplication of any Aircraft, so we were able to show off a tremendous variety of Aircraft. Our local mall provided us with enough tables to have all of these models setup on tables and these were joined and extended down the centre of the mall walkway, leaving enough room on either side for people to pass/stop and chat as they wished. The mall also had a empty store space right next to were the models were located which they provides to us for free, in this space we set up two computers with flight simulators and projector screens for people to try their hand as they wished. Of note, in hindsight we recognize that we should have had an adult enforce time limits on the use by kids, it became difficult for adults to try their hand at times.

All in all the club is of the opinion that this was by far the very best show we have had and the exposure for the hobby is immeasurable.
Andrew Rodriguez
Diamond Aces Radio Control Club
Steinbach Manitoba
MAAC #63582
Sackie is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:51 PM   #25
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Jim McIntyre
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 999

Total Props: 1
A great winter social event and great recruiting opportunity.

I miss the old Ajax displays at the Pickering town centre. Unfortunately new management is only interested in the $ they can make from every unused square inch.
MAAC# 12719
Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere - (If it ain't broke, don't fix it).
JimMcIntyre is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.