Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2007, 08:45 PM   #1
R Plante
RCC Contributor
I am: Randy P

Total Props: 2
maidened the Funtanax50

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Warmed up enough to go flying so I took the funtana out for its first flight.Went well my first electric of this size . Very impressive power even at the end of the Battery. Flew it about 11 mins no hard 3d just feeling it out basic aerobatics . Needs a little adjusting on throws and expo to get the feel right.

set up

funtana X50
Hyperion 4025 12 turn (486kv)
Castle Creations phoenix 60(eliminated bec)
Medusa research bec
Thunder Power 6s 3850 extreme batteries
Hitec 77 servos Electron 6 rx
apc 15x10e prop

all up wieght 6lbs 4oz a little heavy

If I did it again I would use hyperion 4020 10turn and 5s3300 battery it is 8oz lighter than the set up I am using now.It would mean moving the rudder servo up front as I have the battery about as far forward as I can to get it to balance with the heavy set up.

The motor turns 7800rpm 1660watts 73 amps on a fresh charge but other than a couple of short verticles it was rarely over half throttle. Battery was barely warm at the end of the flight. motor was cool also
I am going to try a 16x8 when I get a chance. Charged the battery when I got home and it took 3219mah or just over 80%capacity.

Over all a nice set up.

the choice of planes was my wifes (christmas present ) but I will now start looking for my next conversion.

will try to get some pics up this week

R Plante is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:09 PM   #2
RCC Contributor
I am: johnm
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 9

Total Props: 0
For a model of that weight, 1200 watts should be more than enough power. That would bring the current down to 60 amps at full throttle which is the ESC rating. Try a 11 x 7e prop. Happy flying.
johnmathewson is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.