Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Closed Thread
Old 04-12-2007, 08:05 PM   #11
RCC Contributor
I am: Kevin
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I flew one for the first time yesterday and broke the landing gear beacuse I brought it in too slow. The other comment about this is dead right. This one broke at the attachment bolts to the fuse. Easy fix...
Definately use bigger wheels and remove the wheel pants if you land on marginally long grass.

The planes flies great otherwise with a Park 480 outrunner direct drive.
NO problem with power.

Lotsa fun...Enjoy and good luck.

NewGuy is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:09 PM   #12
Max Continuous
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
I have the Mini Edge and read about the gear not being very sturdy so replaced it with an aluminum set from 3D Hobby. I also had an APC Slow Flyer prop which practically stopped the airplane in flight when I came back to idle on landing. ( not fun ) I replaced the prop with an "E" prop and now when I back off on the power, she glides in nicely. So much so, I dumped the aluminum gear and went back to the stock Carbon Fiber. I am running a 250 watt Dualsky Outrunner with a 12 X 6. Great verticle and with proper throttle management, I get tired long before the 2500ma battery does. Awesome airplane.
Max Continuous is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:06 AM   #13
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Ron B
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 4
Ditch the wheel pants and install 2 inch Dubro Foam wheels. Unless you have a very smooth landing field they like to cartwheel.

My landing site is actually uphill, so hot landings are necessary.

I'm running a HiMax 2816-1220/ Phoenix25/ 10.5 APC/ 1500ma 20C lipo on my Funtana.
MAAC # 77858
Ever since I learned to fly better, I've had a lot less radio problems!
Flybaby is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.