Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2007, 02:41 AM   #1
RCC Apprentice
I am: Mike Trevors
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 0
first gaser/ need help

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Just mounted evolution g26 in thunderbolt. Instructions say led should go out after 5 sec when battery connected to ignition module, not happening. Tried 3 different 4.8v one new 1500 ma which it calls for. Instructions say voltage to low if light keeps flashing, don't understand. Not right voltage, ground not in right spot, faulty new ignition module, some help and or tips would be greatly appreciated. Oh one last question, when is spring arriving in Alberta? [/b][/u][/quote][/code][/list][/list]
cafbrat is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:13 AM   #2
I am: JimmyD
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-16
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 16
Do you have the switch in the "OFF" position when youare connecting the bater? Should be as I can assume that LED goes one when you switch ignition to "ON" correct?

They say bat low if flashing. Is it flashing or steady?

A call to Eveloution might be in order if no one you know has experience with this engine.
Jim Daly
IMAC Sequence Committee Member
Your Friendly Neighborhood SouthEast Zone Director
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678
scaleguy is online now   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:45 AM   #3
RCC Apprentice

Evolution Ignition

If this is the new 'Easy Start' ignition module (black moulded) then they require a 6 cell NiMH or 2S Lipo. They will stop operating at approx. 6.4V.

Hope this is your problem. I ain't expecting spring here for another month . Can't speak for Alberta... Have a good one.
Todd Hapgood
MAAC 72678
Thapgood is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:11 AM   #4
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Bill O

MVVS makes the Evolution motors. There is a Cdn distributor for MVVS in B.C. The website is

Also, there's a special section in RCU for manufacturers' help for various engines. MVVS is there also. One of their three experts will respond. The Cdn fellow, David Moen, (good guy) is one of them.
That site is:

Have fun with the gasser.
Bill O.
London, Ont.
BillO is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:10 AM   #5
RCC Apprentice
I am: Mike Trevors
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 5

Thnx for the help fellow pilots. Took suggestion and called evolution engines[very helpful] and yes indeed I need a 6 cell ni cad or 2 cell li po with 6.4 to 8.6 volt. Hope to be flying my warbird this weekend.
cafbrat is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.