RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Engines Discuss engines

Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2007, 09:53 PM   #1
RCC Contributor
I am: Paul PB

Total Props: 0
Curved shaft

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi, I recently had a little crash with my Fugi 50 ei and my rigid plastic prop broke and my motor shaft(not the flange) is now a bit curved. 1-In the futur should I use wood prop who will minimise risk to curve the shaft in crash ? 2- Should I fly again with that motor? At low speed I see the spinner move but at high speed I don't detect anything. Thanks for information gentelmens ! Paul
So hard to make 3D but I love it !
sylo26 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:56 AM   #2
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: John Davidson
Radio of choice:
EVO(12), Futaba
# of RCs: ?

To start are you sure the shaft is bent? How is the vibration as that will create problems with the rest of the airframe. As you can see that the shaft is not running true you then have to identify or find where the bend is. If it was mine and I have straightened a few I would dismantle it and mount it on a lathe and check there. Sometimes you can see then where it is and and then fix the problem. Double check after on the lathe. Don't get carried away with the big hammer but do small changes and keep checking. Pain in the butt but it is better this way.
I don't like having any run out or bend in a high speed rotating shaft as it is just a matter when the shaft will fracture and it will sooner or later.
John Davidson
Keep the shiny side up and the wheels down
Vulcan1 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:20 AM   #3
RCC Contributor
I am: Paul PB

Yes the shaft is a bit bent at the junction of the motor. I took off the flange and look at it and he's ok . And when I turn the shaft slowly I can see it's bent for maybe 1/16 on 1/2 turn. Looks like a big job to dismentle ! I don't know yet . And this ...shaft cost 159.00 us ! Thanks ! Paul
So hard to make 3D but I love it !
sylo26 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:56 PM   #4
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Phil E. P

Total Props: 2

I think Tower Hobbies sells a crank replacement for your engine,i think they are around 160us.
Send yours out first to a machine shop a see if they can true it.
Good luck.

pep is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:10 PM   #5
RCC Master Contributor
I am: jean c blouin
Radio of choice:
hitec polk spektrum
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 2
PM envoye
MAAC 5057 L
Jean. C. Blouin
CFI Club Aeromodeliste de l`Estrie
Skype jean.blouin
skypupnut is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.