Need help with first build. - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Electric Flight Discuss Electric Flight in Canada

Closed Thread
Old 04-20-2007, 08:56 AM   #1
RCC Noob

Total Props: 0
Need help with first build.

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I'm interested in building a Quadraselle and a Baronette from Dare. (They sell them at Great Hobby

I think I've figured out everything I need except for the speed control.

They say a speed control between 2 and 6 amp.

The motor is a 8.6:1 GWS set (

with a 10 x 4.7 prop. They say to use a 150 mha 7 cell battery (I have a 750mha 7 cell battery, would that work? Or would it make the plane to heavy for that motor?

As for the speed control there is a 2 amp one but I don't think that would be high enought.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! This is my first build and I don't know much about anything!

P.S. I was also interested in the 1903 Wright Flyer but have no idea about the motors they are talking about any help on those would also be greatly appreciated!
Ho yah by the way..... I'm french!
So if you see any typos.......they are not typos, they are actual mistakes.
Feel free to point them out.
alparent is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:23 AM   #2
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Ted L

Total Props: 0
I am not familiar with the planes/kits you mentioned and the Great hobbies site give limited information. However, if this is your first time flying models you would be better off with something more suitable to learn to fly with. These planes are not going to take well to crashing. Having said that, you battery is definately too big for these birds. These 2 planes both weigh approximately 6.9oz, your battery probably weighs half that or more. That means that your battery is 50% or more of the weight of your entire airframe. The thing to remember when looking at small flying models is each thing you add is added weight. The item might not be heavy by itself but if you weigh it and then figure out how much of a percentage of the total weight it is. For example if you are installing something that is 10% of the weight of the airplane then it better be an important item like the motor or the radio and not a scale set of wheels. As for the speed control, go with the smallest and lightest one you can. I can't advise you on the correct amperage for your speed control because I do not have this motor/power setup to test for maximum amperage draw.
Ted LeBlanc
Noin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.