Is our Provincial government helping out R/C!!!! - Page 14 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 04-30-2007, 12:04 PM   #131
RCC Noob
I am: Greg

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Originally Posted by Drexus
As a side note for when the media ask questions. Why is there no wikipedia entry for MAAC? I'm going to start one right now, anyone want to help me out are welcome.

Ok there is one... but typing "MAAC" won't find it for you.
I took the time to update the entry that was first created a while back for MAAC. Typing MAAC on Wikipedia now be more obvious.

P.S. The club I belong to (also in Quebec) is presently organization a donation to the MAAC Field Protection Fund.
xed is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:59 PM   #132
RCC Apprentice

While Marc-Antoine raises a valid point about land price going up and the urge to re-zone for industrial purposes, I do not believe that is the reason for CPTAQ's interest. First, the sale of the land was actually blocked by the CPTAQ in the interest of preserving agricultural land ownership in Quebec, as the potential buyer was from out of the country. That sale was the reason Brossair got into the CPTAQ's sights. Secondly, the two other clubs are as remote as can possibly be and have been prosecuted by the CPTAQ before us. And thirdly, the CPTAQ president is a zealot who got so p_ssed by the dezoning of agricultural land for purposes such as the quartier 10-30 that he swore to defend agricultural land 'to the square inch' (we got that from our political contacts) and we are paying the price for it.
We had an early try at a political settlement for this through our MP, but what the president of the comission basically said is 'politicians are here for 4 years, whereas I'm nominated for life'.

So you can see what we're up against.

rcairnut is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:31 AM   #133
RCC Apprentice

I can see that the CPTAQ president has his reasons. But to equal a hobby with large commercial development aspirations is a little unbalanced. I think the plan to get recognized reports by acknowledged environmental authorities would prove our benign operation.
Drexus is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:15 PM   #134
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Lee P

Total Props: 9
Quebec support

I will be passing on this info to our club members and make a petition to send a pledge in support of this very important cause. I believe that this affects everyone who supposes that their flying sites are sacred and safe
Keep up the good fight boys and girls!

Lee Prevost
LEE is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:37 PM   #135
Flying French Dude
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Francis

well lets organise a funfly on parlement hill hehe

sorry but i just had to ....
smilling me? nah this is my flying face
Flying French Dude is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-03-2007, 10:11 AM   #136
RCC Noob

I just do not get it, so will one of you please explain it to me.
The year is 1978 and a very nationilistic P.Q. government puts in a law that to protect Quebec land no foreigner is allowed to buy land and use it for any purpose other than agriculture. This I can undrestand.
The year is now 2007 and this law re agriculture has now evolved into a law thats sole reason is to disalow RC clubs to operate on land owned by Quebecois, with the land owners permission.
How did we get there?
jugpilot is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:52 AM   #137
ken park
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ken Park

Total Props: 7
Whats to understand

We got 10 pages on RC Canada to chat about an issue that MAAC is going to send some money to defend the Quebec RC clubs rights. What MAAC does with the membership dues is why these guys got elected! They make the tough decissions for the entire group and wouldn't do anything that they didn't think wasn't right for the membership! End of story! This post should of died on the 2nd day.

What gives?

You want to talk about the World Hockey series?
ken park is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:19 PM   #138
RCC Apprentice

Ken. The reason this sort of thing needs careful consideration and planning is that this issue has never come to light before. The solution that MAAC is working on is not just to resolve the immediate issues of the 3 individual clubs, be to head off the founding issue that supports attacks to our hobby such as the current challenge.

Yes, MAAC will take care of it's 13,000+ members. In fact, I wish MAAC would send out a formal request to all clubs and invite each club to donate $50 to the cause. And for those who don't think this issue affects them, just think who you will need to help you out when something like this hits home at your local club. Wouldn't you want MAAC to be there with the whole country behind them to help you? $50 from each club is nothing ... absolutely nothing. And so, if you think about how many clubs there are in Canada, then you quickly realize our potential.

Now, this sort of thing has to head off the founding issues we we currently have, as we can't ask this sort of thing from all clubs every year. This is why it's important to do this right the first time, and that takes time Ken. So let the people who know how to approach this do their job. They are doing it for all members, for all related issues that may arise in the future.
Drexus is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:23 PM   #139
Peter Gordon
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: peter g

The Brockville Club voted tonight to contribute $200.
Peter Gordon is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:29 PM   #140
RCC Apprentice
I am: Tim D.
Radio of choice:
Futaba T9CHP super
# of RCs: 11

This MUST stop!!!

When I find out where to send it I'm in for $20.00

PS: This attack on our fine hobby is very difficult to understand. Principle over logic(and lack of research). It's a shame.
rcpilotnb is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.