Is our Provincial government helping out R/C!!!! - Page 20 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 11-28-2008, 08:56 AM   #191
Mike Emilio
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0
Re: Is our Provincial government helping out R/C!!!!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Not to worry Bob, , , , It's no longer relevent anyways.

As they say, , , then was then, , ,and now is now.

Time to move on.
Mike Emilio is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:42 AM   #192
bob forest
RCC Apprentice
I am: bob f
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 8

Thanks Mike,
bob forest is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:50 PM   #193
Claude Melbourne
RCC Apprentice
I am: Claude M
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 12

Dear J.B.

We fully appreciate your interest and concern regarding our committee efforts, results, monies collected and disbursed in relation to the CPTAQ situation in Quebec.

For those who attended the AZM held October 25, 2008, our AD HOC committee co-chairmen (Jean Chevalier and George Tower) presented a complete update regarding the CPTAQ situation in our zone. Their report included:
• Historical perspective of the situation in Quebec
• Actions taken to date to defend and save our flying fields
• Funds Collected and Disbursed
• Strategy Going Forward

Furthermore, following their report, they opened the floor to a question and answer period to allow concerned persons to raise questions on any unanswered details. It is regrettable that you write accusing letters now when you had the equal opportunity then to both hear the report and raise unanswered questions.

As an added benefit, for those individuals, who did not or could not attend the AZM, their complete report will be published in the MAAC magazine in time for our AGM.

As a courtesy to your absence from this meeting, (which you certainly should have attended based on your provocative questions), we would like to provide answers to your primary concerns, thanks to the unceasing efforts of our committee members:

1: We have successfully prevented the CPTAQ from closing any flying fields to date.

2: From a financial position, collectively all three clubs have disbursed three to four times the amount of money from their own treasuries in comparison to monies collected by MAAC and contributed back to these clubs.

The clubs collectively have paid out $ 15,000 to $ 20,000 from their own treasuries and in turn have received back from MAAC approximately $6,000. This is a deficit position, not a profit.

We would like to remind you that it is both your right and privilege to raise questions regarding the way in which activities and funds are being managed. However, in acting as the chairman of the Getting and Keeping Flying Field Committee we would like to state that it would have been preferred that you had approached us directly with your questions rather than write a negative public letter which implies lack of disclosure and profiteering when in fact the truth is completely opposite.

Please do not forget the fact that all actions taken are by persons working as volunteers as a group to save our fields and our hobby, rather than frustrated individuals writing public letters whose goal appears to convey attempts to discredit and destroy.

It is a great dismay to all of us, that you would enlist support for yourself to run as Zone Director via proxy votes and then disappoint the supporters and invalidate these votes by failing to present them in person; these are the persons who trusted you with their support.

RC Canada is a great forum but not where Balance sheets for our Corporation should be published.
• Details were discussed at your zone meeting that you chose not to attend.
• You were asked to resign from the Ad Hoc committee due to the fact that the majority did not like your behavior.
• A report will be published in our magazine before the AGM (where it should be).

I have personally gone to bat for you twice before; however, just like baseball, strike three you’re out. I have no use for people who try to use a public forum to discredit people. If you have questions that I can answer for you please call or email and I will do my best to answer.

Getting and Keeping Chair
Claude Melbourne
Claude Melbourne is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 11-29-2008, 07:07 PM   #194
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Steve H.

Total Props: 2
Thumbs up Re: Is our Provincial government helping out R/C!!!!

Very nicely put Claude!

Guess I'll have to read this thread now
Hughes500E is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.