Is our Provincial government helping out R/C!!!! - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2007, 06:00 PM   #21
Frank Klenk
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Frank Klenk
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 2

Total Props: 17

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!

You have my whole hearted support. And I pledge $50 to the fight. Yes, we need contact information for this CEPETQ. I will also contact my clubs for support. Keep in touch.

Frank Klenk
MAAC 32001L
IMAC 3698
MECA 4762
Frank Klenk is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:58 PM   #22
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
As an officer of one of the clubs targeted by the CPTAQ, I thank you very much for the support (both moral and financial) shown here. It is a tribute to the kind of people enjoying this wonderful hobby.

Being involved in the fight and having studied the correpondance from the overzealous functionaries, I can tell you it's not going to be easy. We can however count on the support of several very talented individuals, and I sincerely hope that in the end common sense will prevail.

Thank you,
Jean-Gabriel Roumy
Club Bross-Air
rcairnut is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:39 PM   #23
michel gravelle
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Michel G

Total Props: 8
Ive read all of the above . I m very afaid to loose our field . if they will not listen to logic and reason what difference is a lawyer going to make ? Is it because it he makes how many hundreds of dollers per hour ? , that will make the difference ? , because he rewords it so that the goverment understands that the people want this , aren t there any lawyers that could help with the situation ? don t they fly planes too ? Isn t there any polititions that are RC, ers . What ever happened to WE THE PEOPLE . Is this all MAAC has too offer, and than forget about it and hope for the best ?
We the people have to make a bank account , the government has unlimitted resources

All this might not make any sence ? but it sure feels good to put ot in writing When I read the thread , these are the things that went through my , not so smart mind , and that I m just RANTING
And NO I don t feel better . The government has no morals and no epathy .

This thread makes me feel sick , and feed up . I do know how these club members feel .

This situation truely SUCKS , only in Quebec
michel gravelle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:14 PM   #24
RCC Contributor
I am: doug c
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 1
did a google search and came up with a website for CEPETQ.
Lets all send emails to voicing our opposition to this policy.

dccoop is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:06 PM   #25
RCC Junior Contributor

Can I get English on this site. Choice of language.????????????? Our American and European friends need this as well.
A good landing is when you, the pilot, can walk away !!!

MAAC # 75074
1367mustang is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:28 PM   #26
RCC Junior Contributor

I already sent a lot of information and the broadcast to a lot of american suppliers. 3w, RCS, etc... they don't understand that our gouvernment is not helping us with this hobby.

michou41 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:57 AM   #27
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Bob the Builder

OK... so maybe I'm a simpleton but I really don't get this.

How can the government regulate what is done on private land? It’s not like you are building residences or putting in water mains on your own!!!

Can you not drive a 4-wheeler or a tractor or use a chainsaw?

Is this a case of "it's not specifically prohibited, but it is not on the 'allowed' list so we will make you stop"?

More-so, what actions can they legally take if you keep flying? What if you just tell them "no" and keep doing it? Can they take your land away?

Finally, I REALLY don't understand WHY they would waste government resources doing this. I would research how much the government has spent in the pursuit of closing down RC fields and turn it into a story on the news... sounds like misappropriation or at least misuse of government funds in a province that is already grossly over taxed.

I am also very interested to hear what approach the lawyer is going to take... if the law says what the CEPETQ says it does, what battle is there to fight? Should be an interesting angle to it.

This whole thing is getting added to my long list of evidence that proves without doubt that most of this planet is populated by f’in losers.
Will Fly For Food.
OverTemp is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:43 AM   #28
RCC Master Contributor
I am: jean c blouin
Radio of choice:
hitec polk spektrum
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 2
I am also in for $ 50.00
we are also afraid to loose our field

merci pour la chance de participer

MAAC 5057 L
Jean. C. Blouin
CFI Club Aeromodeliste de l`Estrie
Skype jean.blouin
skypupnut is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:18 AM   #29
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Randy Brown

Re: English

Yea strange..anywhere else you have to have it in both languages

Originally Posted by 1367mustang
Can I get English on this site. Choice of language.????????????? Our American and European friends need this as well.
Randy Brown
MAAC 45752L
Team Airtronics
Randy Brown is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:24 AM   #30
RCC Apprentice

Hmmm..... Maybe that part of the Quebec Government that makes decisions related to the overall policies involved with this sort of thing isn't even aware of what is happening. Sometimes Government agencies and regulatory bodies like "La Commission pour la protection des Terres Agricoles du Québec" (CEPETQ) take on a life and directions of their own.

I would imagine that with a minority government, the Charest government have other things they are worried about.

On the other hand, given that there is a minority government in Quebec, perhaps there would be an opportunity to gain more support politcally than might otherwise be the case.

My suggestions (for consideration only) are that:

a) MAAC (Head Office) organize a Canada wide petition that could be used to show the level of support that exists for our fellow Quebec RC modelers throughout our great country.

b) That a "Quebec only" petition also be started to show that it is Quebec residents that are being hurt by policies that do nothing to protect agricultural land. This petition could be provided to the Government with copies to the oposition parties and local representatives and perhaps be used to gain their support.

c) Perhaps the most important thing, however, before spending a great deal of money on high priced lawyers, would be to have what I will call an "Agricultural and Environmentaal Assessment On the Effects OF RC Flying On Agricultural Lands" carried out to provide real hard data to be used to support the case being made.

I'm sure there will be other strategies thought of as this matter matures.

Good luck with the fight. From what I can see, you will get a lot of support!

Bill Dick

(PS - I will also pledge $100 to the cause just let me know when it is needed and where to send it)
nomads is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.