Is our Provincial government helping out R/C!!!! - Page 8 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2007, 08:40 AM   #71
Mike Emilio
RCC Pro Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
I don't speak French but none-the-less we share the same addiction that no medical doctor can cure. Thank goodness for that!

I had a pm last night from our feerless leader, that boosted my rational to contribute.
My $50.00 has been sent.

Everyone knows that lawyers cost money.
My crystal ball is cracked, but I would venture to say that if the Government wins in Quebec, it could likely send a ripple effect to other provinces.

I might suggest to the various hobby stores:
- that modellers have supported you for many years, paying the high retail prices. Consider the impact on your business should the worst come to pass. This is a very warranted cause to show your financial support in return for the years that modellers have supported you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	maac_donation_302.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	23872  
Mike Emilio is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:09 AM   #72
Peter Gordon
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: peter g

Can I suggest that we trust that you donated, but you may want to consider removing the attachment from the previous post. Potentially a lot of sensitive personal info on there...

Peter Gordon is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:18 AM   #73
Mike Emilio
RCC Pro Contributor

Peter, , ,
As with yourself, we are proud of our name, and being die hards. No logical reason to use alias names. I wouldn't consider my name and address "sensitive".
Mike Emilio is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:19 AM   #74
RCC Contributor
I am: Isabel D.

Total Props: 4
Just to say thanks for the support in this thread, it is incredibly uplifting. It has boosted our moral immensely to know that there is something to fight with as well as moral support across Canada. We will do our best "in the trenches" over here at Brossair

You are right it is a nice field and nice installations but even better is the community it holds together. I hope we don't lose it. Thanks for your help, happy flying to all...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	brossair_winter_803.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	23871  
isabel is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:31 PM   #75

To all RC clubs and flyers in Canada

I sent this letter to all clubs in my zone. I want to share it with everyone.

English at bottom.

A tous les clubs de la zone Québec de MAAC

Bonsoir à tous,

premièrement, j'aimerais vous souhaiter une merveilleuse saison de vol . La belle saison est enfin arrivée. Profitez-en au maximum. Notre hobby est le plus merveilleux au monde.

La raison principale de ce courriel est de vous informer de la menace qui pèse actuellement sur 3 clubs de la région de Montréal. En effet, la CPTAQ ( Commission de Protection du Territoire Agricole du Québec ) a signifié dans les derniers mois, au clubs Modélistes Monteregie Napierville , Club d'aéromodélisme Lafayette et Club Brossair qu`ils devront cesser leurs activités et libérer le terrain ou ils tiennent leurs activités car ils contreviennent à la loi en ce qui regarde la protection du territoire agricole. Le club Brossair, par exemple, est la depuis 24 ans.

Il va sans dire que cette situation est totalement inacceptable, illogique et complètement stupide. Aussi, une coalition est actuellement à prendre forme pour s'opposer à cet organisme gouvernemental. Nous avons formé un comité provisoire afind d'établir une stratégie pour lancer une vaste campagne pour mousser les bienfaits de l'aéromodélisme dans la communauté québecoise, afin de sensibiliser les médias, la population, les gouvernements et de leur démontrer que la CPTAQ est complètement déconnectée de la réalité.

A ce jour, il y a eu un reportage commandé par le club Brossair sur CFCF 12 à Montréal. Voici le lien de ce reportage :

Aussi, sur le site de RC Canada, un groupe de discussion a été démarré cette semaine. Une campagne de souscription a aussi été partie dans le but de créer un fonds de défense pour les clubs menacés. Je vous encourage fortement à souscrire pour aider ces clubs. Ce sera peut-être votre club la prochaine fois, qui sera menacé. Je suggère un don de 100$ par club . Pour les membres, c'est à votre guise, mais un minimum de 10$ serait apprécié. Acxtuellement, plusieurs membres de MAAC de partout au Canada ont promis des sommes pour nous aider. Un membre de la région de Montréal a même donné 5000$. Vous pourrez envoyer votre don sous peu sur le site de RC Canada :

Je vous demanderais de bien vouloir transférer ce courriel et aussi d'appeler vos membres pour leur faire part de ces actions. La collaboration de tous les pilotes du Canada est primordiale pour gagner cette cause. A la fin Mai, à l'aéroport de St-Hubert, aura lieu l'Aérosalon 2007. Toutes les compagnies majeures du monde de l'aéro-spatiale seront présents. MAAC aussi sera la pour donner des démonstrations de vol et aussi sensibiliser la population à notre cause. 20,000 visiteurs sont attendus. Voici le lien :
Venez faire une visite si vous le pouvez.

Pour terminer, merci à l'avance de votre aide . Il en va de l'avenir de notre hobby au Québec.

Richard Biron
dir. zone Québec

To all clubs of the Quebec Zone.

Good evening to all,

first, i would like to wish a wonderful flight season to all. Springtime is here. Take advantage of it. Our hobby is the best of all.

The main purpose of that email is to inform you of the threat soaring above 3 RC clubs of the Montréal area. Its a matter of fact, CPTAQ ( Commission de protection du territoire agricole du Québec)
( green land protection) has recently advised Napierville , Lafayette and Brossair Clubs that they will have to cease their activities and leave their flying fields because they are using this land illegally according to Greenland zoning.For example, Brossard club has been there for 24 years.

It is evident that this situation is totally unacceptable, illogical and completely stupid. Also, a coalition is actually taking form to fight this government organism. An adhoc committee is being set-up to put forward a strategy, to organize an enormous advertising campaign to promote all the good effects of RC flying in the community, to show it as a family hobby, a way to take the youth out of the streets, and to sensitize medias, population and governments to demonstrate that CPTAQ is disconnected of reality.

So far, there has been a TV report on the matter organized by Club Brossair on Montreal CFCF 12 channel Here is a link to see that report:

Also, on the RC Canada website, a discussion forum has started this week. A funding campaign has begun to get enough money available for legal advise and also to create a reserve for future problems. I encourage everyone to suscribe to help these clubs. The next club in jeopardy might be yours. I suggest a 100$ pledge from the club. For the members, it is up to you, but i also suggest a minimum od 10$. Actually, may pilots from all over the country have pledged amounts to help those clubs. A Montreal area member has even pledged 5000$. Arrengements are being taken to be able to subscribe trough RC Canada.

I would like to ask you to transfer this email to all your clubs and also to call your members to get them informed about this situation. We need all canadian flyers help for this one. In May, in Montreal will be held the Aerosalon 2007. All major airspace industries will be attending this event. MAAC will be there for static and dynamic demos and will take advantage of this show to sensitize them to our problem. They are expecting 20,000 visitors. Here is the link :

Thanks for your help, the future of our hobby is in everyone's hands

Richard Biron
Quebec ZD
8074 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:37 PM   #76
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 1
I have not read all 5 pages so forgive me if this has already been brought up.

I have recently gotten into r/c airplanes and have paid my MAAC dues for the first time. We all pay MAAC yearly, and the orginization is here to protect us and our frequencies. I must ask where MAAC is at during this issue? They should be paying out to hire someone to fight against this.... that is what we pay for isnt it?
Tmaxx4ever is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:48 PM   #77
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: John Appleseed

MAAC has, at the AGM, budgeted a sum of money to be applied to help offset the cost of legal fees.
Richard of MAAC,

How much money has been laid aside for defending our Quebec brothers?

Stephen bell
G-copterbous-funk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:11 PM   #78

The budgeted amount was a one time 1000$, if i am wrong, please correct me anyone from the board...

Richard Biron
Quebec ZD
8074 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:16 PM   #79
Richard Lyle Barlow
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Richard Lyle Barlow
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: ???

Total Props: 13
During the 2007 AGM Board meetings of MAAC at the end of March, when this issue was first raised, the St. Lawrence Zone Director asked that the sum of one thousand dollars ($1000.00) be put into the 2007 budget to help offset the legal costs that would likely be incurred by the fight over agricultural land use in Quebec.
By unanimous vote of the Board of Directors, this amount was agreed upon, and some of it has already been used to partially reimburse legal fees to date.
MAAC does not stand idly by when there are threats to the existence of our hobby. At the time we voted, there were not in place the plans to fight this issue on the level that is now happening. That modellers across the country have stepped up to the plate in large numbers to assist is heartwarming, but not surprising. Modellers are, on the whole, great people.
The MAAC Board has to count dollars carefully. It would be great to be able to hurl money in large amounts at every problem that arises, but we also have to be mindful of keeping the dues at an acceptable level, and keeping our spending within budget.
The Board of Directors is very grateful to all the modellers who have, by their generosity, allowed this to happen.
At the same time, please remember that MAAC is not some remote body of aliens. Every one of you is MAAC. MAAC is its members. That is one of the things that make this hobby so great.
Thanks again to all of you
Richard Lyle Barlow
Richard Lyle Barlow is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 04-26-2007, 02:22 PM   #80
RCC Master Contributor
I am: John R
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 20
Who figured that $1,000 out. $1000 gets you about 5 hours of an average lawyers time. With personal pledges going up to $5000, you would think MAAC could cough a little fuller. At $1.00 per member, you would be about $12,000 from MAAC. How important is this issue. Back it with your wallet, Clubs, MAAC, everyone.

Our club meeting is this Sunday at HMA and I will be making a motion for a minimum of $100.

Why don't we ask MAAC to at least put in matching dollars? MAAC has the money and more than a balanced budget.
John Kovats

aka Johnny Versatile

MAAC 65460

Hespeler Model Aviators Inc.
Cambridge Float Flyers

I don't have the answers, but I have a personal relationship with the Guy that does.
JKovats is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.