General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2007, 08:25 AM   #1
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Randy Brown

Total Props: 0
Maac webpage spam

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Isnt this something..

Maybe we should have it where you can only log into certain areas of the webpage aka chairman areas etc if your a maac member

Subject: Message from MAAC web page -- :

On-line form message from:
From John Robert

Dear one,

I am John Robert and I inherited an important sum of money from my late father who was killed by the rebels in northern part of the country in a recent crisis in Cote d\'Ivoire in 2004. I wish to request for your assistance in transfering and investing this money in a lucrative venture under your directives and guidiance in your country.

I want you to assist me for the transfer of this sum of Three
million, Eight hundredand fifty thousand United State Dollars.($3.850,000)to your account designate hence I will give you the contact of the bank where the money is so that you can contact them immediately and discuss with them since I do not know much about financial issues.

I will give you some resonable percentage from the total sum for your assistance while I pray that you do not betray me at last. Please it is important you contact me immediately for more clarifications on the next step hence it is my wish to relocate to your country as soon as this transaction is concluded.

Awaiting your immediate response via this email address :

God bless you.

John Robert.

Tel: +22508527818
Randy Brown
MAAC 45752L
Team Airtronics
Randy Brown is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:55 PM   #2
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: eric q
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: too

Total Props: 26
Sorry, you aren't the first.

MAAC failed to protect everyone's email address from a scrape (i.e. they posted all the officer's email addresses).
desiderantes meliorem patriam
To err is human, to moo is bovine
moo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-12-2007, 12:58 PM   #3
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
That's one reason why I have my spam fileters on and check the e-mail before I download it off of my ISP.

3.850 Million? They are getting cheap these days! The last Nigerian spam that I looked at was for $20 million.

A lot of websites are now doing the e-mail contact behind the scenes -- you click on the "mail to" link and up pops a web-page where you fill in the contact information, subject and message, then press SEND.

Actual e-mail address is hidden behind the scenes by a two-step mail process -- e-mail that you filled in on the web-page goes into a repository with the addressee being a marker (eg, SE_ZoneDirector would be my zone director's "bucket"), and the e-mail sender would then regularly scrape the buckets and do the actual mailing.

Something like this is really easy to implement.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.