battery-less flashlights and Panasonic lead-acid batteries - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2007, 01:04 PM   #1
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
battery-less flashlights and Panasonic lead-acid batteries

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Not associated with this company but I get their monthly/bi-monthly flyer mailed to my house.

Going through the flyer, I spotted "shaking flashlights" and "wind up flashlight".

If you're like me, the power goes out when the batteries die. I've now got a wind-up flashlight and radio and the power has gone off once in the last year.

Bets the socks off of what Canadian Tire charges for theirs.....

Also, they didn't post the prices, but they had a new product posting of the Panasonic sealed lead-acid batteries. For those with IC engines, this can replace the motorcycle battery in the field box.

Website is -- stores in Calgary, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Vancouver, GTA and Montreal.
PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:03 PM   #2
RCC Apprentice

Total Props: 0
I bought my 'shaker' flashlight at crappy tire for $9.99!!

While it doesn't have the same level of brightness as a battery powered one, it works better than the ones that have dead batteries, lol. Best $10 I ever spent as I've used it a dozen times over the past year - a good two hours trying to find one of the tail rotor bearings off my Blade CP Pro - never did find it.

It just looks kinda funny when your shaking it and someone sees you from behind...kinda like pud pulling, lol.

MAAC #77200
EZTRGT is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:27 PM   #3
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 9
I picked up a "shaker flashlight" while at the Toledo RC Expo last year for $5.00 USD with NO tax!

It works great but something is strange about it... I was told that if you shake it for about 30 secends it will give light for at least 5 minutes so I tested it out. Shook it, turned it on and let it shine sitting on my desk and an hour later it was still shinning as brightly as when I first shook it! Anyone else find that it works this well for them???

Also I've let it set without use for a couple of months or more...give it a quick shake and away it goes. Never again will I suffer from dead flashlight batteries. For $5 bucks, thats the deal of the century!!! As was said, its not as bright as a regular flashlight but it "ALWAYS" works when needed and does the job ... and thats the whole idea!! I love it!
Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Radios used: Spektrum DX6i
Current builds: 1/4 scale J3 Cub & Neiuport 17 and KMP B-25.
Currently flying: Scratched Tele 40, Parkzone Stryker & 60" SPAD Debonaire

"Time flies like an arrow - fruit flys like a banana." Groucho Marks
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:44 PM   #4
RCC Contributor

I've got one but it only lasts for two minutes at most before having to be shaked again.

5 minutes of consistent brightness would be great.. Guess I got a dud. It's one of those as seen on TV ones..
True Northern Hobbies, Inc.
Credence is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:42 PM   #5
RCC Master Contributor
I am: jean c blouin
Radio of choice:
hitec polk spektrum
# of RCs: 30+

Total Props: 2
replace the batteries inside
$1 for 5 li batteries at Dolorama
did it on a cranked one that was left on and would not recharge after
not very difficult, a third small hand would be handy LOL
MAAC 5057 L
Jean. C. Blouin
CFI Club Aeromodeliste de l`Estrie
Skype jean.blouin
skypupnut is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:57 PM   #6
RCC Contributor

Mine doesn't use a battery. Looks like it's just got a small capacitor that it charges or something.
True Northern Hobbies, Inc.
Credence is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:27 AM   #7
RCC Contributor
I am: Mark M

I picked up a few of the shaker flashlights at Oshkosh last summer. 3 for $10, a good investment.
Oshawapilot is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.