Club fees - what do you pay? - Page 3 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 05-23-2007, 10:47 PM   #21
RCC Supreme Contributor

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Not all of BC is crazy
Kelowna $50 / year
Vernon $50 / year
I belong to both. It is a very small price to pay.
Imac # 4751
Speedway and Hobby
PTA Hobbies
hillmanr2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:07 PM   #22
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Adam Clarke
Radio of choice:
JR 9303 2.4
# of RCs: 4

Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario

$75- open
$15- junior
Adam Clarke

MAAC# 75232
Aeroworks 75cc Extra 260
DA 85
JR 9303 2.4
atc666 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:09 PM   #23
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: wayne b

Total Props: 5
I currently belong to two clubs one is $25 a year, the other is $60. Both in the Edmonton area, and both have 2 flying sites.
There aren't enough days in the weekend. -- Steven Wright
Wayne22 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:34 AM   #24
michel gravelle
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Michel G

Total Props: 8

$250 to fly in the whole province or just in designated sites?

michel gravelle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:57 AM   #25
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Calvin Martini
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 5

Total Props: 7
$60 per year - this just covers the costs for our club of ~30 members. We have a primary field and its associated costs and also rent a gym throughout the Winter months.
martinic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:01 AM   #26
Bob Byrnes
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Robert B

Total Props: 1
I joined a new club this year because of moving. It was $100.00 plus a one time $30.00 field improvement fee. I think that's fabulous. What can you do for $100.00 annually????? It's a great group. Play a round of golf or go to a hockey game and the costs are rising a lot. I suppose different clubs have different deals for site fees etc. and it would be difficult to compare. Overall my money is reasonable and well spent I think.
Bob Byrnes is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:40 PM   #27
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Terry L

Total Props: 6

In answer to Moo's question:

The guys that want or need a mowed strip use their own mowers and buy their own gas, simple as that.

We use a privately owned field (farmer), and no problems for him seem to be enough. Every once in a while he gets a bottle of scotch or some other gift, along with our profuse thanks. Amazingly, not every farmer is grovelling for every last cent return on his land... Key phrase in this is NO PROBLEMS: no complaints from the neighbours, no traffic difficulties, that sort of thing!
TLyttle is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:29 AM   #28
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Cheshire C

Total Props: 1
Fees seem to be anywhere from the almost unbelievably low to the equally almost unbelievably high.

The really strange thing is that there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason to their setting.

How do some of these clubs wind up at $30 while others charge several hundred? And don't forget, it's really about double that considering the time you can actually fly in many parts of the country, since we have that minor impediment called winter.

In Aurora, it's about $60. We work to actual expenses and a budget in setting the rate. Some people though think that it should be much higher just because other nearby clubs cost more. Oh, and we also have our own lawn tractor, roller, etc., cut the grass up to 2x per week, pay field rent, run an indoor facility, provide free training - except for the fuel - with club aircraft and so on.
DO335 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:53 AM   #29
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Bill O

Part of what we should get past on this thread here is the rumours of very high costs (hundreds of $$) or rumours of free clubs. Informed statements from the guys and ladies who actually are part of this hobby is what I was hoping to read on this thread, as most of you have done. Go ahead, tell the rest what you are truly paying.
"i heard...." or "some places....." etc are not the same as facts from an individual at some particular lower or higher priced club.

Here in London, I belong to 2 clubs.... one is at $30. (about 35 members)
The other is at $45, with about 55 current members (77 last year) ($55 if paid after Jan 31st), but is soon to go up, or have a special levy placed on current members.
Bill O.
London, Ont.
BillO is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:04 AM   #30
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Jack D.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 15

Total Props: 19
We also have our own lawn tractor to mow with (we used to bring our own push mowers ), pay field rent and all other expenses related with having a nice flying site..i do know our rent is cheap, I believe less than $400....

We average 35 to 50 members a year @ $30...We have some people donate their time and supplies such as gravel, signage and tools etc. etc...This helps immensely...

Some members have received donations from their respective employers that help...

We have all types of members and flyers, youngsters on up flying small,large, foamies,choppers and whatever...

We all get along quite well and this makes for an extremely enjoyable place to spend a day or two...

We do not have contests or the such, so no extra costs are incurred by that...

Don't know why some memberships would be in the hundreds, i'm glad we are where we are.
wingburner is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.