paint pealer - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aircraft Discuss Scale Aircraft.

Closed Thread
Old 06-02-2007, 10:22 AM   #11
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
paint pealer

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
That thought has crossed my mind but this was not a kit or plan built model.Totally scratch designed and built.It's possible to do but I have to many projects backed up now.But...then again,one never knows f the priority will change or not.Such is this hobby.
Ian Gunn
MAAC 25307
ISGUNN is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:35 PM   #12
RCC Expert Contributor

MEK is not good stuff

and you may not even be able to buy it in Canada.

all STITS paints (that I know of) use MEK as a thinners.

I used Nelson waterbase paint on my Stinson SR-9.

Stits will wash off with acetone were the Nelson paint does not.

Take a look at:
it is a waterbase paint too.
Palmer Johnson
Jabba is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:02 PM   #13
RCC Junior Contributor

Paint pealer

Thanks Jabba.I've been looking at the War Paint.First saws them on the RCSCALEBUILDER site.Certainly looks like the way to go for paint.
Ian Gunn
MAAC 25307
ISGUNN is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:42 PM   #14
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: Ted L

I purchased a Unionville Beaver from a fellow modeler and he covered it with dope and fabric. I needed to make a repair and bought exactly the same dope he used from the same supplier but found the color was way off. The old dope had faded quite a bit and did not match very well. You may have the same problem with your model. Extremely frustrating and not very pleasing to look at.
Ted LeBlanc
Noin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:21 PM   #15
I am: Boolean21

Total Props: 56
You also might want to check out Klasskote John Mainwaring did his Otter up with it including weathering etc and man did it look fantastic in fact it took 3rd at the Toledo show. He flys his with a YS and 20% nitro and it does not touch the paint. Not sure the level of fuel proof you can achieve with Nelson. I think you have to add something to the paint.

Lots have been using latex house paint with good results they now have computer matching for your scale colors.

Lots of good systems it becomes a personal preference. The Stits does dissolve in MEK or Acetone as it is a true vinal paint. This allows you to wipe the paint off down to the fabric for ease of repair. I don't know anyone wiping thier models down with accetone anyways

PurgatorY is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.