What is in your basement?? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Heli Discussion Discuss general topics on rotary wing aircraft, including construction, Servo's, Gryo's and Stabilizer discussions. Heli Pro Shop

Closed Thread
Old 06-05-2007, 02:39 PM   #1
RCC Apprentice
I am: Bryan J

Total Props: 0
What is in your basement??

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Good day and thanks for reading

I just visited a friend yesterday to borrow a table saw. He asked me what I wanted it for... I told him about the field box I was going to build.... He then turns to a back corner in his garage and says "like this one????" I ask him what he flys... He says he has a helicopter and I should check it out... In the dungeon we go... Out of the back corner of his basement comes a Falcon 888. It is taken apart and fairly dusty so I am not immediately impressed. He then pulls out a box with a GMP Bell206B Jet Ranger fuse. I am now becoming intrigued. He tells me to take it home and have a look he might want to sell it.

After dismissing his bs in regards to what he knows about this helicopter I take it home for further analysis.....

My story about his experience with the falcon is he bought it from someone and decided he could take it apart and make it better.......... I'd say that was in early 90's...........It is still apart and it isn't any better.

I sorted through the boxes and made an interesting discovery. He does not have one helicopter plus a fancy canopy he has two complete projects. The Falcon 888 AND the 206 with all the trimmings. Now I haven't sorted through all the nuts and bolts but all the major assemblies are present. The Falcon looks like it was well used but there is no crash rash. The 206 has a few windows cut out of the shell a couple of ply bulkheads glued in and the main rotor/engine set up about 75% built up but not mounted.

I am not a helicopter guy so I really do not know what I have. I'll take it out to my club soon and get their opinion but here is a quick inventory of all the components I've so far discovered.

1 - disassembled falcon 888
2 - sets of main rotor blades unfinished
1 - tail rotor blade unfinished
1 - Enya (6301) Super Sport 50 heli engine with GM carb (I think I have all the parts)
1 - GMP Bell 206B Jet Ranger (mostly untouched kinda in the box)
1 - JR max computer 6 channel PCM radio 72.110Mhz
1 - NER-627X receiver
4 - NES-507 servos
1 - NES-L501 servo
1 - FP-G154 gyro (This looks new)
Bunch of new rotor parts (they look nice)
bunch of other odds and ends in original packaging.. lots of tiny fittings and bearings still shiny and new

What would all of this cost remembering the 888 does need a bit of TLC and some new hardware all the major components look good.
Is it worth keeping or should I pack it up and give it back????

Thanks for the responses

1900Driver is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:56 PM   #2
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Vincent V.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 1
A very interesting find, hard to say what it's all worth as a package, but probably more as separate parts. I would be interested in the fuselage, but only to fit more modern mechanics. PM me if you,he want so sell it separately. The older more "obsolete" parts would probably only appeal to somebody who has one of them, or a collector of vintage stuff.
I often wonder how many old helis are sitting in basements collecting dust...
vinver is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.