Issues with Great Hobbies?!? - Page 4 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 07-12-2007, 03:09 PM   #31
Donovan Dow
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Donovan R

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Evening All

I do not like to pay transportation on back orders from a previous $1,000.00 order.

take care
don dow
Donovan Dow is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:14 PM   #32
RCC Junior Contributor

never recieved anything throught the mail in less than a week and a half and that was out of the states.
anything coming from edmonton which is only 5-600k from me takes for ever two to three weeks is common for me

i rent movies through the mail from calgary and they show up faster than anything from edmonton

gotta love canada post
jkaz is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:58 PM   #33
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Marc B

Originally Posted by ground pilot

Are you a MAAC member? Do you receive their magazine? If you do look on page 54 at the top where they have a bright yellow column deicated to telling you about the MAAC shipping credit. Which if I am not mistaken is in every MAAC mag since the promotion began. See sometimes it's the Magician and not the wand
Well I don't read the MAAC Magazine in detail, but I am on their website almost every other day. Now I'm no webpage designer, but I'm sure it's not hard to put a little box somewhere on the GH homepage that says, "Shipping discounts to MAAC members."

BigBreeze is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:30 PM   #34
RCC Contributor
I am: corey p

Total Props: 3
only problem i have with GH is the phone is busy EVERYTIME i call, other than that they are really good, i find they are cheaper than HW for most items too, in store anyway.

im not too fond of the guys at HW, whenever i ask them questions they make me feel like an idiot and look at me like "i cant believe you dont know that" i was going to buy a little foamy extra and needed lipos and a charger and all that, totally NOOB when it comes to lipos, he told me i couldnt get a charger that plugs into the wall and the only charger i could use was like $400 or something and i needed a 12v power source that he didnt sell, sounded to me like he was taking me for a ride, and seemed like a lot to spend for a $60 foamy.. i asked him why i couldnt use one of the cheaper chargers and he couldnt give me a reason so i put everything down and walked out. seemed to me like he was trying to take advantage of me because of my lack of knowlage and make me spend more than i needed. commission maybe?? dont know..

and in febuary when i bought my sailboat it was $50 cheaper at GH than HW and i mentioned that to the guys at HW and they said "go to great hobbies then" in an a$$holeish tone, they just seem to high on themselves over there, never had any problems at GH, bring in what i need fixed and not only do they show me how to fix it they show me different routes i can go about fixing it and why one is better than the other, NEVER get that at HW, all they want at HW is your money

those are my experiences anyway, never ordered online or over the phone as i live in edmonton and i have the store to go to. i just moved and on the way to work today i saw a LHS that id never heard of before, forget the name but ill go check it out this weekend, its walking distance to my house too so that is a bonus, hopefully they are good..
prefontaine is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:10 PM   #35
RCC Apprentice
I am: Nicholas Leach
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 7

All canadain shows have exactly the same number of commercial spots. 12 x 30 seconds. Three commercial breaks of 2 minutes each. Our content on US channels runs 35 seconds shorter than in Canada because they allow more station promo's.
Please look up the word humble in the dictionary. Something like "I am not fond of RC-TV" that would be a humble opinion. And you would look like this when you say it not like this
I think it would be wiser to spend your money in Canada and support fellow hard working Canadians then save a couple dollars. It is easy to have lower prices when you don't support others efforts. Are your American shops supporting Canadian RC events ? In fact next RC event your involved in why don't you phone down to your US supplier and try to raise some money for it. Good Luck
Oh and while I am here thank you Great Hobbies and thank you Canada.
Canadians tuned into our show 1,200,000 times last year.

Nicholas Leach
Owner X-Ten Production
rc-tv is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:01 PM   #36
RCC Contributor
I am: Dan J.
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 10

Nicholas - is RCTV taping another season this year?

Oh great are the days when my takeoffs equal my landings!!!
MAAC #68159
Sparhawk is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:35 PM   #37
RCC Supreme Contributor

Bashing the 2 main hobby internet dealers like this is rather uncool for lack of a harsher word.
Are they perfect, NO better question to ask yourself is ARE YOU PERFECT?
If you have had a bad experience call them up and CALMLY explain what happened or what they did wrong in a sensible tone in order to help them better serve you.
If you do not get satisfaction from that ask for the supervisor and Calmly explain how the company could serve you better. This is the way to make them better and you happier. A company requires feedback in order to better serve it's customers, why do you think everyone has those questionnaires marked ":HOW DID WE DO?"
I deal with large companies all the time, I just calmly go up the ladder till I get the result I desire. By this point it is usually at a very big discount the higher up you go.

Give it a rest, these guys are also Jason's major advertisers and this does nothing positive for anyone
Imac # 4751
Speedway and Hobby
PTA Hobbies
hillmanr2 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:12 AM   #38
RCC Apprentice
I am: Nicholas Leach
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 7

Yes we have been shooting since May , we have shot a lot of great plane footage and there is still more to come , this Saturday we are in Chatham for their 2007 scale airshow so come on down watch the show and stay for their great roast beef dinner it's worth it.

Nik Rak
rc-tv is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:25 PM   #39
RCC Junior Contributor

sorry hillmanr2 didn't realise i was bashing i though i was sharing exsperiences with other ppl who have shared similar experiences
didn't mean to offend
jkaz is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:06 PM   #40
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1
As long as RC Canada has been around there hve been "Great Hobbies" threads... funny, as I dont recall too many other shops getting so many threads regarding there service.

My opinion as I have stated before is that I have generally recieved excellent service from GH for a long time.

All the people who say that shipping takes too long? Try Express post. It costs only a little more than expidited but its 2 day delivery. I use it and its always been two days. Canada post is actually very good, and anyone who ships and receives many packages (as I do) knows that.

Does GH have everything in stock always? No. But neither do any other hobby shops I have EVER dealt with. DO they make mistakes? Probably but I can only recall two minor error in many dozens of orders.

The bottom line is, shop where you want to - where YOU feel you get a good value and good service. For me, GH works very well.

Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.