Issues with Great Hobbies?!? - Page 6 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2007, 08:59 AM   #51
Dig it
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Dale I

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Personally, I find GH to be not bad. Although the other day the fellow I talked to wanted the "magic part numbers" to order anything ( I was looking for CA Kicker/Accellerator). When I informed him that I hadn't need these magic numbers for the last 10 years he moaned a little and got me what I wanted. Sent it out quickly, and correctly I might add. So, a little whine, but I got what I needed all the same.

Hobby Wholesale on the other hand, I am done with. I find the one fellow very offensive (Barry I think it is) and he can't tell you anything. Ask the status of an order and the world has ended. Ask for an item and you might as well build it yourself for the time it would take to get the guy to understand. Get off his butt, not a chance.

Just my thoughts

By the way, Hobby Extreme in Red Deer is awesome to deal with.

Hey Buddy, thats a Kadet not an Extra!!!
Dig it is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:36 PM   #52
RCC Contributor

I think we all have had good dealings and bad dealings with various suppliers be it LHS GH or HW. I have had a couple with GH this last week but will it mean I will not order through them no. I had the person behind the counter tell me I was crazy for my choice of engine for my corsair (Saito FA-90 R3) because thats the part that hits first he said. Hmm well everyone is entitled to there opinion. That kind of comment turns me off the Shop, but I will still order parts trough them. I was also told on the phone that they had a kit I wanted in stock and it would be in Edmonton when I got there, Two days befor I got there they phoned me and told me they have none in stock and don't know when they will get more. That made me mad, but I will still buy parts from them. There is alot of confusion in this modern computer world of ours as everyone is so reliant on computers, so mistakes happen.

Another thing I don't understand is why RCTV does not do events in the west?? I know there is a excellent Jet Rally in Princenton, and alot of other RC events all over the west. OK sure you are based out of Ontario but could you not ask to see if anybody is willing to send in a report of a event in there area? There are alot of excellent videos of events from locals.

Just my .02 cents
1_AIR_WOLF is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-10-2007, 06:00 AM   #53
Randy Brown
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Randy Brown

Send them a plane ticket and motel rooms take care of and I bet they show up

They have a very SMALL budget, this isnt CBC paid buy us.this is rc tv

Originally Posted by 1_AIR_WOLF

Another thing I don't understand is why RCTV does not do events in the west?? I know there is a excellent Jet Rally in Princenton, and alot of other RC events all over the west. OK sure you are based out of Ontario but could you not ask to see if anybody is willing to send in a report of a event in there area? There are alot of excellent videos of events from locals.

Just my .02 cents
Randy Brown
MAAC 45752L
Team Airtronics
Randy Brown is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:34 PM   #54
RCC Apprentice
I am: Bob N.
Radio of choice:
Spectrum DX7
# of RCs: 7

Started in RC this spring and went to GH for my start-up plane and kit. PEI store. Went there because of good word of mouth from several people. More than helpful and plenty of time for questions and advice. Have ordered several times on web site and had no major problems. Minor questions answered over phone. Find some prices better, some not. Split my orders between GH and RC Wings and Wheels in Blockhouse NS. Another good dealer.
xray is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:36 AM   #55
RCC Junior Contributor

now that we know the 2 bad ones....sure there are more. How about we concentrate on the good ones. I myself would like to know if a smaller shop etc. might be able to supply me, for example, with some Trex600 parts on the fly or anything else for that matter.

I know others will come out and say that those ones are crap also but what the hell. Splitting up an order is not cost effective unless the parts are light and $$$

SORRY if this hijaks the thread a tad. We can always start a new one.

juniorlab is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:25 PM   #56
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Andrew Coholic
Radio of choice:
JR 12X

Total Props: 1
Ok, I have been dealing with GH for years and I can remember two small issues in many dozens and dozens of orders. (actually I hate to know how many orders... )

Last week I placed three different orders a few days apart. One was for a bunch of bulk pack balsa sheeting. WHen I got my order (always 2 days delivery since I use expresspost) there was some balsa sheeting shorted on the order. I phoned up and explained what happened and two days later I had the rest of my wood (without any additional charge).

I appreciate mistakes will be made from time to time - I am also in busines and I know its impossible to be 100% all the time. In as many orders as I have put in in many years I think they are doing great. The main thing is that my problem was remedied quickly and without any trouble.

Thats why I still use GH's as my primary hobby supplier, and will continue to.

Andrew Coholic
Andrew Coholic -MAAC #26287L

1/2A to giant scale, IMAC, SAM, R/C sport, turbine jets, Heli's...
if its got a wing or two and an engine - I like it!
AJCoholic is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.