|07-13-2007, 08:22 PM||#1|
★ Site Supporter ★
FS: Great Planes 1.20 Super Chipmunk / Gasser - ((SOLD))
Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
For those who have seen this beauty fly at the Mississauga or Oakville Clubs, it is one amazing plane - I am selling to make room for a new 33% project.
* Great Planes 1.20 Super Chipmunk ARF 81" wing span (Fiberglass body and center wing mount, built up balsa wings and elevator) - 14.1 lbs w/ fuel. Bought new in Nov 2006. It has ~ 40 flights on it.
* Zenoah G20EI Gas Engine - bought new in Oct 2006 - has 4 gallons of fuel through it.
* APC 16x6 Prop w/ old style prop nut
* 14 Oz Fuel Tank - will last 35 minutes on (1) tank
* Dubro quickfueler
* Servos: (2) Hitec 645MG Ailerons, (2) Hitec 625MG Flaps, (1) Hitec 645MG Elevator, (1) Hitec 645MG Rudder, (1) Futaba 3001 Throttle
* Heavy Duty Servo Extensions everywhere
* 4.8V, 1700mAh NiMh Pack - Ignition
* 6.0V, 2100mAh NiMh Pack - Radio System
-- The G20EI is the best gasser I've ever owned - amazing starting and vitually no vibration, even at idle. 14.4lbs thrust with APC 16x6
-- This plane is very fast, especially in a dive... aerobatics are awesome, but this is not a 3D machine.
-- Almost unlimited vertical - it will slow down after a while
-- Landings can be slowed right down when flaps are deployed
-- On my maiden flight (Nov 2006), I had a glitch causing the plane to go down - luckily only about 6 cracks in the fuselage and a broken plywood bulkhead - no damage anywhere else!. I repaired it over the winter and had it refinished at a body shop, so it looks amazing!
-- There are a couple marks on the wheel pants
-- All the covering is tight, shiny and sealed
-- On a scale of 10, I'd rate this a 9.8
Looking to get $850.00 for this beauty
Reduced to $800.00 without Rx (July 23)
Further reduced to $750.00 to clear (Aug 2)
Now willing to split up:
G20EI / prop / ignition: $290.00
Plane / batteries / servos: $460.00
Due to the size, I will not ship, however willing to drive some distance from Mississauga to meet half way.
RCC Classified Quick Rules
- Location & price is a must when selling RC related items. Update your profile!!!
- Use the feedback system after a sale / trade.
- Buyer Beware!
- One bump / TTT every 3 days.
- Classified rules here.
** Infractions will be passed out if rules are broken. Threads may be deleted.
|07-14-2007, 02:02 AM||#4|
IMAC/SA or NOTHING!
I am: JimmyD
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Mississauga On, SE Zone
Radio of choice:
JETI Duplex DS-16
# of RCs: 6
Feedback: 30 / 100%
Total Props: 16
Is this the one hanging in HobbyHobby?
If so nice looking airplane.
IMAC Sequence Committee Member
Your Friendly Neighborhood SouthEast Zone Director
MAAC #14323L IMAC #3678
|07-14-2007, 05:28 AM||#5|
Very Nice Plane ... I had one and it was a great flyer.
It wasn't availible for sale in Canada at the time .. due to GP not licenseing the Penzoil logo in Canada. So it was a Rare sightingat a funfly!
Good luck with you sale !
|07-14-2007, 06:28 AM||#6|
★ Site Supporter ★
No... this isn't the one hanging in Hobby Hobby - mine is in even better shape!
Turns out that they still don't bring them in to Canada due to the Penzoil Logo, so it still is rare to see one around here - mine was featured on RCTV when they aired the Oakville Funfly!
The neat thing is that you can get replacement parts and Canada will allow any part across the border as per standard Great Planes orders, which makes it a rare machine, yet easy to repair / maintain!
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|