Morris Hobbies Balsa Nova 40, RTF - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
FS - Airplanes Sell airplanes.
Note: Commercial posts are not allowed on the boards.

Closed Thread
Old 08-03-2007, 10:49 AM   #1
RCC Apprentice
I am: IanW
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 6

Total Props: 0
Morris Hobbies Balsa Nova 40, RTF

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
This Balsa Nova 40 is looking for a new home. I have returned to flying full scale airplanes, so this beauty deserves a better fate that sitting in a closet.

She was built from a kit perhaps 8 to 10 years ago by a master builder. He was also meticulous about the covering. She comes with an OS 70 Four Stoke and 5 JR servos. It has a pull/pull kit installed for the rudder and light weight foam wheels. I will also throw in the plans, a number of spare props and spinners, and I may also have a spare set of landing gear that I recieved when I bought it. Just add your battery and reciever and off you go!

I am the second owner, and purchased her from the original owner in 2001. I believe he had at least 1 hard landing, as the landing gear attachment point has been repaired nicely with Epoxy.

She shows her age if you look really close (hangar rash, etc), but she flew really well the last time I flew her in 2004. This plane can do just about any maneuver you can imagine. It does amazing knife edge flight and handles easily when inverted. This plane has lots of life and fun left in it, and just needs a new owner.

Here is what the Morris Hobbies web site has to say:

"Just like the Brazilian dance, the Bossa Nova, for which it is "loosely" named, the Morris Hobbies BalsaNOVA is a fun and lively model airplane. Tom Stryker designed the BalsaNOVA for you, the mainstream modeler, who wants an easy to build and fly .40-size model, but insists on good looks and unlimited aerobatic capabilities.

The thick, symmetrical wing keeps the model at comfortable speeds while allowing crisp rolls, loops, snaps, knife-edges, or any exciting combinations thereof. The large, yet stylish, side area makes the BalsaNOVA the perfect model to show off those crowd-pleasing knife-edge loops. Stalls are very gentle and predictable, so landings are slow and stable.

The pleasing lines should make the BalsaNOVA a big hit the flying field."

I live in Milton, ON, and I am willing to drive within 60 or 90 minutes of there to deliver or meet someone to pick it up. I really don't want to ship it, as it would be challenging to package it so it won't be damaged in transit.

I am looking for $300 for everything.

Feel free to ask questions. I will post better photos on the weekend.

================================================== =======
RCC Classified Quick Rules

- Location & price is a must when selling RC related items. Update your profile!!!
- Use the feedback system after a sale / trade.
- Buyer Beware!
- One bump / TTT every 3 days.
- Classified rules here.
** Infractions will be passed out if rules are broken. Threads may be deleted.

================================================== =======
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc00054_143.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	26046   Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc00053_161.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	26047  

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Closed Thread