Big 3S pack for sale - SOLD! - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
FS - Electric Gear Post your electric gear for sale here. Electric motors, batteries, ESCs, etc...

Closed Thread
Old 08-23-2007, 08:04 AM   #1
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Colin M

Total Props: 1
Big 3S pack for sale - SOLD!

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
* SOLD! *

One MaxAmps 3S 2P 4200mah (20C) 10.75oz pack with the new copper tab cells asking CDN $65 shipped. (retailing for US $139.99, see )

This 3S 4200mah pack has 19 cycles on it, so it's just about broken in. I was told by MaxAmps that the way I fly my packs they should last at least 200 to 300 cycles. The way I fly my packs meaning: I don't ever prop above 70% of a battery's max continuous rating.

So in this case I would never prop above 58A. (This pack's max continuous rating is 84A) In actuality the most this pack has ever been propped for is 48A, which is only 57% of it continuous rating, or 11.42C. Like ALL my packs it has only ever been BALANCE CHARGED at 1C.

This "treatment" has proven effective by the fact that on average over the 19 cycles it has held a voltage of 3.56V per cell under the 48A load. I'd say that's pretty darn good! It also comes down at around 11.76V (remember recommended LVC is 3.3V per cell or 9.9V per 3S pack) and around 37 C after a flight.

So why am I selling it for LESS than the average cost of a pack HALF of its size? Because I paid less than retail for it at one of the MaxAmps sales, so I'm passing the savings on to you. This pack is one of a batch of three that I bought at the same time but the other two are already spoken for.

================================================== =======
RCC Classified Quick Rules

- Location & price is a must when selling RC related items. Update your profile!!!
- Use the feedback system after a sale / trade.
- Buyer Beware!
- One bump / TTT every 3 days.
- Classified rules here.
** Infractions will be passed out if rules are broken. Threads may be deleted.

================================================== =======

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Closed Thread