What Prop sizes are most popular? - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
General RC Aircraft Discussion Discuss anything RC related

Closed Thread
Old 10-11-2007, 06:44 AM   #1
Authorized Vendor
★ Vendor ★
I am: Jeff K

Total Props: 8
What Prop sizes are most popular?

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi everyone,

As a supplier of Props in Canada, I just thought I would post a message to see if I could get some user feedback about what prop sizes are the most popular and/or the most difficult to find in Canada.

I am interested in specifics about what you are personally using or need or any general observations from anyone from a club or competition perspective.

My plan is to try and stock as many sizes as possible, but I would like to get a good feel for the most popular sizes so that I am sure that I stock up in these sizes.

I try to start off the thread:

I fly mostly gas planes and I am using engines are 26cc through 75cc so I mostly use props in the 16 - 24inch range. Within that size range, I use mostly 18 inch and 22 inch props.

Check out the Thunder Hangar Blog!!
grizak is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:03 AM   #2
Gary Maker
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Gary M.
Radio of choice:
Spektrum DX8
# of RCs: 7

Total Props: 9
I know that for IMAC the most popular engine sizes are in the range of 50cc to 150cc which would require props 22" dia to 32" dia. and IMAC is growing in popularity every year!

Other than the DA50, I've used mostly Saito 4 stroke engines anywhere from the Saito 90 to the big 220. The 120 to 180 being my most popular needing props from 14" through 18" and probably the 16" X 8 being the most widely used for both my Saito and Zenoah engines.

I think that some of the most difficult to find are some of the in-between sizes, for example, the 17" X 8 - 10

Hope this helps. This is based on my personal usage!
Stoney Creek Hawks RC
MAAC No. 43659

Radios used: Spektrum DX6i
Current builds: 1/4 scale J3 Cub & Neiuport 17 and KMP B-25.
Currently flying: Scratched Tele 40, Parkzone Stryker & 60" SPAD Debonaire

"Time flies like an arrow - fruit flys like a banana." Groucho Marks
Gary Maker is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:21 PM   #3
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Ya I second the 16x8 and I'm really liking the 17x6 for my saito 180 i was looking for a 17x6W or 5W but I don't think it would be popular
jkaz is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.