Here's what happens when... - Page 2 - RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum
RCCanada - Canada's Radio Control Hobby Forum
Scale Aerobatics Scale Aerobatics/IMAC in Canada

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2007, 11:12 PM   #11
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Adam Clarke
Radio of choice:
JR 9303 2.4
# of RCs: 4

Total Props: 0

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
They just need to make one of these that is compatible with gasoline.
Adam Clarke

MAAC# 75232
Aeroworks 75cc Extra 260
DA 85
JR 9303 2.4
atc666 is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:49 AM   #12
RCC Junior Contributor

Total Props: 0
Running out of fuel at the wrong moment or place . Not a good thing. I empathize with you Don. It happened to me couple of times. I wish it did not happen to you.
Low fuel warning light sounds like a good solution. But would it be possible to see the tiny warning light in the day time? Perhaps putting on the timer may still be the best option. Especially if that timer comes on automatically every time you turn on the TX.
Ray B
Ray is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:09 AM   #13
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: God's Gift to Planes
Radio of choice:
Anything 72MHz
# of RCs: 999

Total Props: 1
Timer? Naw... the problem is so obvious, I'm surprised no one else has suggested it.

You need to set your Electronic Ignition Module for SOFT cut-off... you obviously currently have it set for HARD cut-off.

This works great on all my electrics anyways.

Sorry to see the pictures... we've all been there. At least it happened now, and not next May at the begining of the flying season.

tommy321 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:17 AM   #14
RCC Junior Contributor

Re: Here's what happens when...

Originally Posted by goneflyin
Having a great time... running perfect... beautiful day... just one more TR on the deck...

Who needs a fuel timer???

That was an expensive lesson/reminder.

From my limited knowledge of planes, I would assume that "TR" is an abbreviated form of "torque roll"? I've seen videos of guys flying their planes over the runway...tail down...just sitting there and spinning to the left....way too cool. I guess my suggestion would be, why not do that sort of stuff at the beginning of the flight? That way, you are guaranteed not to run out of gas in that situation....timer or no timer.
Tmaxx4ever is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:14 AM   #15
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Ron
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: 23

Total Props: 19
Aw Don... and it was such a great flyer... I have lotsa video of it tho when you came down here... now it's time to TR Dad's holds LOTSA fuel.

Hangar Nine SpitFire..Saito.100
Top Flite P51..Saito.91
RCGUYS Decathlon..SPE 26
ronnieo is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:26 PM   #16
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Cheshire C

Them's the breaks!
DO335 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:05 PM   #17
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Don M

Total Props: 3
Thanks for all your comments guys, I just decided to post this to remind pilots that it's too easy to forget the basics. Not sure how a fuel gauge could ever work in an aerobatic airplane, that gas has gotta be sloshing around like crazy! Seems the timer could be the only way.

Tmaxx, you're quite right about doing the on-the-deck flying early in the flight, the result is this screwup.

Good one about the cutoff Tom, I knew I shouldn't have thrown the programming instructions out!

Hey Chris, I think the 12X will need 2 more channels to run the fuel gauge... and Ron, my Dad ruled out 3D with his Mossie...

Gulp... new one ordered, back in the saddle again. (back to rice and water for a while too)

goneflyin is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.