Jet Aircraft Discuss Jets in Canada

Closed Thread
Old 10-29-2007, 04:52 PM   #11
RCC Senior Contributor
I am: Dean Wichmann
Radio of choice:
# of RCs: few

Total Props: 10

Remove this ad - become a site supporter!
Hi Guys

Currently working on a scaled up Eurofighter. It should be done by mid November. Then.....I know what some of you are going to say...but.....I had a weak moment.....I'll be starting a Bandit ARF for the 2008 season to replace my beloved Reaction 54 that recently sold. On the other bench sits a new white/grey/ candy stripe Panther and huge, big, large PST F84G ( Thunderbird scheme ) that should perform like a big 'ol pattern ship! So lots to do this winter....hope it snows lots too

Helijet is offline   Quick reply to this message.

Sponsored Links - Subscribe to remove this ad.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:57 PM   #12
RCC Supreme Contributor
I am: Peter D
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18 MZ
# of RCs: 8

Total Props: 8
It looks like the scale NATS MAY be at Kawartha next year. (Lindsey)
It is a grass runway. I'm trying to figure out what if anything to build (any ideas?)

Also I need a sport plane that breaks down easily for transportation in a back of a C182. I'm still looking.

I have these so called friends that keep promissing me a one off partial kit.

Othervise someone should organize a mid winter gathering for show & tell etc.

Good news is there are now three turbine pilots in Windsor

Peter D.
MAAC Jet Committee Member
Deputy South West Zone Director
Member of JPO
Deputy Director - Pickled Pilot Squadron
RC_MAN is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:19 PM   #13
Level 3 Supporter
★ Site Supporter ★
I am: Angus
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18mz
# of RCs: 10

Total Props: 5
Hey Peter, I know you sold off the F22 and the Bandit.....well may it rest in pieces have you got anything left in the Hanger? Did the Ram750 survive?

Comp Arf Flash, Retro Reaction, Comp Arf Extra330, Aeroworks Extra300L, Goblin 770, Goblin 500, Align 550e, Align 500, Devil 380 and a Great Wife.
Angus is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:20 PM   #14
Allan J Robertson
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Allan R
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 0
I too am fairly new to the jet Turbine nuts of the hobby world. I have a Reaction 54 and flew it 10 times this year. On my second to last flight had a little tail problem as it seemed to have contacted the ground quite hard. Thats all I have to say about that, but put it all back together and flew it at Mayerthorpe airport on sunday and all is well again. Went with Bruce B but he had a few issues but nothing great so we didn't see the T-33 fly but does it look awesome just sitting on the tarmac. I purchased a BVM Bobcat composite so there is some winter work for me as well. Looks like a P-70 or a P-80 is going to be my power. Because you just have to have 2 jets to fly at Princeton.

Allan J Robertson is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:54 PM   #15
RCC Pro Contributor
I am: wayne b

Total Props: 5
Dang...we were going to head up to Mayerthorpe yesterday too!
There aren't enough days in the weekend. -- Steven Wright
Wayne22 is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:57 PM   #16
Allan J Robertson
RCC Junior Contributor
I am: Allan R
Radio of choice:

Total Props: 0
It was a nice day with a slight cross breeze. You could burnt a few more gallons Wayne.
Allan J Robertson is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:12 PM   #17
RCC Expert Contributor
I am: Alan B
Radio of choice:
JR and Futaba
# of RCs: 10+

Total Props: 3
HI Fellows
Still trying to do more flying. Plan for this Saturday again as the temps look good. Had a beautiful day here yesterday. Temps were 18C+. This winter, when I am getting my shop straightened around, I will finish the last of the repairs to the Eurosport and getting the start on the Blue Angel Super Hornet. The Titan should be just going through the SE upgrade now. The Jetcat smoke system will be coming with it. So Wayne lookout for big smoke and GO Navy.

High River RC Jet Club
MAAC Jet Committee Member
MAAC 21353
JPO member
akb is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:34 PM   #18
RCC Master Contributor
I am: Gary Arthur
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ
# of RCs: 17

Total Props: 6
Well...jet stuff.

I have my L39, Boomerang and hotspot all flying. The spot is in Cali. I fly it during my trips to the sunny south. I was there last week and will be there again tomorrow.

I am also fixing the nose on a bobcat that I recently aquired(with a broken nose). A little rhynoplasti and it will be as good as used...At least as soon as i figure out the AMT at180 and how to get the thing running. I know it runs well, I saw it fly at the Hamburg rally.

In the works is my other L39 and a Xtreme F-15.
JPO 2011 Member
KAPTAN KAOS is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-29-2007, 09:42 PM   #19
RCC Contributor
I am: Len G
Radio of choice:
Futaba 18MZ
# of RCs: 100

Total Props: 3
Hi Guys,
Made my 50th turbine flight this season today! Yeah I know nothing for most of you but a huge number for me especially given my current lifestyle.

The Starfire II is going well on the PST J600R, but I need to open it up and reset the gas injector as it needs a BBQ lighter to get it started these days.

Rebuilding the front of my Delta after the Moose Jaw argument with a power line on landing. It is currently in former and stringer state. There was nothing from the wing forward after the argument!

Have the HET F-20 operational and going well but adding more cells soon. It does not quite perform as well as I would like.

Converrting the current Starfire II to EDF and building a new one for the PST this winter. I obtained a turbine inlet and a proper pipe (Wren style) so I get more than 5 Lbs out of the back end on this one. Sean says I should get at least 12 Lbs on the new one!!! Adding a smoke system to it too, assuming I have enough space for tanks. The turbine inlet is so small I think it will be quite simple to add the smoke system.

John is getting in an F-100 EDF for me too soon. I may need a new house to store all these planes soon! The Wild Hornet, YA F-16C, HotSpot, F-22, Delta, F-20, both Starfire II's, 'Roo, and a few assorted planes with those paint stirrring things on the front are taking up too much space!

GOOD THING I QUIT WORKING EH??? I had to, I was backing up in the workshop...

Len is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Old 10-29-2007, 10:23 PM   #20
RCC Contributor
I am: Bruce B
Radio of choice:
Futaba 12Z & 18MZ

Total Props: 4
Len, the work shop back up only gets worse when you quit working for some reason. Here is a shot of the T Bird sitting at Mayerthorpe International. It would have been a excellent day for a test flight but there was a problem with the way I set up the engine in the by-pass. When all is said and done, it will cost me a new by-pass. Oh the high price of an education.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mayerthorpecroped_0074__small__112.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	27730  
Youngguy is offline   Quick reply to this message.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the RCCanada - Canada Radio Controlled Hobby Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionally, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Your Name
Your first name and last initial is required if you plan on using the forum.
Which city & province you live in. This is mandatory for classified listings.
Radio of choice?
Which radio is your current favorite to use?
Number of RC Vehicles?
How many boats, cars, planes do you own?

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.